We live in a mobile World and more than ever, if a business expects to be found by customers they need to appear in local search results. Sounds simple right? Well, there’s many aspects to this and often a challenge to business owners. The FulcrumApp team recently addressed this topic in a blog post.
The bare minimum any business has to do to compete in Local Search is building out local listings on GoogleMyBusiness and BingPlaces. This alone will add visibility for people looking for your business. But for those businesses that are in a more competitive landscape, or want to improve their visibility in local search, this is what needs to be done to compete effectively:
- Build consistent local listings on the big local search platforms (BingPlaces, GoogleMyBusiness)
- Build consistent local listings on local directory sites (Look below in resources section)
- Purchase a plan from a 3rd Party local listings aggregator for additional reach or if you have multiple locations (more information below)
- Continually encourage reviews from happy clients and patrons
- Add schema.org or other microdata markup to your site to help search engines develop a structured entity for your business NAP Data
- Continually reach out and find new local sites for local listings and citations
Continue reading this helpful article on the Fulcrumapp Blog – Great stuff!