YouTube is the most popular video-sharing platform in the world, and finding a regular audience on it is crucial for success. Finding your footing among the ever-growing tribe of creators at times is a tough ask. However, remaining true to audience expectations and creating user-friendly videos is the known recipe for success.
User-friendly here means creating videos with a definite beginning and an end, unlike amateurish creations with an uncertain start and an abrupt end. This is where the importance of an “Intro” and “Outro” comes into being. An Intro is the beginning visuals of a video, while the Outro appears at the end of the video. An engaging and impactful video calls for the incorporation of both.
Let’s try and dissect the need for an Intro in YouTube videos:
- Resolves Decreasing Attention Spans: It is a challenge on the part of the creators to keep the viewers interested in attention spans lasting mere 7-seconds. A short and crisp Intro of about 5-seconds is made just to achieve this. It ensures that the audience gets a heads-up on what they are about to view and understand. A more extended Intro or no-Intro can be a big turn-off for the viewer to opt-out from the video altogether.
- Adds a Professional Touch: Today’s audience is used to watching well-made videos from corporate set-ups with eye-catching Intros. To remain up-to-date on your video executions, it is important that you integrate contemporary design elements into your Intro to match user expectations.
- Growth of Video Marketing: Video marketing is a big online phenomenon that continues to grow. According to data, 82% of all online traffic would account only for videos by 2022. In such a scenario, when everyone is vying for user attention, it is important that brands and creators remain focused on conventional ways of video making by having an Intro and Outro. Digressing the existing format might lead to high chances of rejection by the audience. Besides, there are enough tech tools like InVideo, a YouTube movie maker that eases the pressure on making stylish intros.
- Brand Recall and Trust: Personal branding is fairly common on YouTube. By placing the intro in all your videos, there are good chances of a brand recall by the viewers when encountering your brand elsewhere. By putting out content consistently in a familiar format helps build positive expectations from your brand. This naturally translates to trust in due course of time to form a regular and committed audience.
Although it is also called the “End screen” or “Conclusion” in a video, an Outro forms the ending visuals in a video that can accomplish many objectives all at once with content lasting 5 to 10 seconds.
Now, let’s understand the need to include Outro to your videos:
- Keeping Viewers on Your Channel: Getting a good number of views from the audience gets you success on YouTube. Hence, it is crucial that viewers remain hooked onto your channel. This can be achieved by tactful Outros in your videos. Showcase your links to your previous videos in the Outros to take them directly to another one of your videos. This is one of those wise ways of increasing your views on the video-sharing platform.
- Prompts towards Call to Action (CTAs): An abrupt end to a video can be distasteful. Outro elements can be included in all videos to continue engagement with the audience. Include CTAs in the end-screen template to persuade viewers towards an activity. This could be visiting your site, buying a product or subscribing your channel. Overall, it brings it in a good ending and lasting impression to the video.
- Connects to Social Media: Creators on YouTube, who are high on personal branding where they aren’t specifically selling anything, would invite viewers to explore their social network handles. By strategically placing social handles in the Outro, you can accomplish this. Gain more traffic to your social handles to improve your follower count.
- A Distinct Sign-Off: Align your design elements in the brand and logo to create a unique sign-off for the Outro. Every time, when the video concludes, the user would establish a connection with the brand. In the long-term, it would resonate with viewers in terms of brand recall and identification. Put in the effort to create a brand identity that leaves a long-lasting impact with the Outro.
In fact, such a professional Intro can be easily made with the best online video maker – InVideo, that has over 2,500 design templates for Intros.
Creating a video for YouTube is a complex task that involves various aspects like writing the script, recording, editing, and finally managing your channel. All these steps are important facets that must be dealt with sincerity.