Some cool, ESRIUC news from the Esri Startup Program team… Exciting news, Esri Startup Program Partner, Echosec has launched their ArcGIS Marketplace listing,http://arcg.is/28QSiDb!
To support the announcement their team has organized a Social Media Mapping Contest: #FoundOnEchosec,http://bit.ly/28QTd6A, for you to try out their product in preparation for Esri UC. Want to follow up with them onsite? Visit them in the Startup Zone, booth Z6 in the expo. This competition is open to anyone with an ArcGIS Online account. Participate in the fun!
For those of you unfamiliar with Echosec, the software is a social media mapping platform that provides intelligence to law enforcement, security, marketing, and journalism professionals. Echosec can take you anywhere in the world, any time. Combining social media posts with Esri geographic data, Echosec delivers a unique way of displaying real-time, user driven information about natural disasters, wars, and other global events.
Echosec’s integration into ArcGIS Online with the Echosec web client allows for visualization and data sources alongside the social media search. This means that Echosec and ArcGIS users are able to display their feature and tile layers within Echosec, query for social media related to their layers and data then export the social media search results directly to their ArcGIS Online account as a Feature Layer. This integration between Echosec and ArcGIS Online allows Esri users to inject another dimension to their existing workflow.
Echosec Social Media Mapping Contest: #FoundOnEchosec
Objective: Share the best photos that you found using Echosec OR share screenshots of the best ArcGIS Online map that you created with Echosec as a data layer
Get Started: Learn more about the contest: www.echosec.net/found-on-echosec
- Start Date: Thursday, June 23rd, 2016
- End Date: Thursday, June 30th, 2016 11:59pm PST
Prize: An Echosec Swag Box and a map themed surprise that fits on your desk to display your dominance for all things GIS!
How to Enter:
- Go to https://esri.echosec.net/login and click the ‘SIGN IN WITH ESRI’ button.
- Login using your ArcGIS Online credentials. You’ll be redirected to the Echosec app. Start searching! (Don’t have an ArcGIS account, sign up here)
- Here is a walk through video showing how to use the integration: https://youtu.be/_FECHT9gvI0
- Find great posts using Echosec and screenshot the search you’ve done within Echosec. (Bonus points for adding your ArcGIS Online content into Echosec as a data layer)
- Share your screenshots on Social Media. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Google+ work and tag Echosec (Twitter: @echosec_search Instagram: @echosec.search)
- Example Tweet (remember to turn on location!):
Crowd-sourced #socialmedia on ArcGIS Online w/ @echosec_search location-based platform! #FoundOnEchosec
Analyzing @EsriStartups #socialmedia posts on location-based platform @echosec_search http://bit.ly/28QTd6A @Esri
Limit of 1 entry/person/platform
- Twitter: @echosec_search or @echosec_uk
- Instagram: echosec.search
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/echosec
- Google+: plus.google.com/+EchosecNetSystems
Rules: more information can be found here: www.echosec.net/found-on-echosec