This week, Esri quietly released ArcGIS 10.3 noting to users, If you’re a Desktop user, you’ll get ArcGIS Pro and a named user account to ArcGIS Online, which in turn unlocks all the ArcGIS apps
“The Next Generation of GIS”, Esri’s Sud Menon
For Portal users – If you’re a Server user, you’ll now have Portal for ArcGIS, which gives you the capabilities of ArcGIS Online within your own infrastructure, including access to all the ArcGIS apps
Features and Functionality (Source: Esri)
- ArcGIS Pro Reinvents Desktop GIS
- ArcGIS for Server Gets a Front End
- Create Apps That Work on Any Device with Web AppBuilder
- Create Open Data with the Click of a Button
Quickly add location to your applications by using the web API or native SDK of your choice, then deploy your app across any device.
From the ArcGIS blog, some highlights:
- ArcGIS Pro – Your New ArcGIS for Desktop App
- More Tools for ArcMap – ArcMap is better than ever
- ArcGIS for Server is now a complete Web GIS
- 3D begins to roll out across the entire platform
- Real-time GIS at 10.3
- More opportunities for developers – developers working with ArcGIS Pro can leveragePython to automate tasks.