Google Add-ons are apps that provide extended functionality for Google products like Gmail, Docs, or Sheets when installed in your browser. Google Add-ons help not only acquire additional features but also improve workflow and maintain connectivity to non-google systems, which makes work easier while saving time.
Some add-ons are natively incorporated in the browser (extensions), and some are standalone. In this article, we have sampled three of the best and top-rated add-ons for Google.
Users of this add-on (Foxy Labels) have ranked it best as it’s widely used in the market today and has since been proved to be efficient. Foxy labels are originally incorporated into the Workspace marketplace to enable users to mail merge from Google Docs and Google Spreadsheet instead of mail merging from word or excel. Are you wondering how to make labels in google docs and use the add-on to mail-merge in your G-suite workspace? Take a look at the simple procedure below.
- Go to Google Docs, click on add-ons followed by Foxy Labels, and then create labels.
- A new sidebar will pop up. On it, click “Label template control.”
- Search for a Google Docs label template that you need, and click “Apply template.”
- If you need to merge data from a spreadsheet, click on “Select sheet” to choose a data source, then select a sheet.
- Proceed to insert merge fields into the template from the “Merge Fields” control.
- Ensure the first row of the sheet includes column names such as “name,” “return address,” “shipping address,” among others.
- Edit by adjusting alignment, color, and font inside the template box area.
- If you wish to design each label separately, click the appropriate checkbox only that option for data merging won’t be available.
- Then click the “Create labels” button.
- Once you have generated the document, you can open the document by clicking the “Open document” button. At this point, you are able to print your labels, but before printing, check to ensure the margins are set to “none.”
- To print your label, click “file” then “print.”
How to make labels in Google Sheets
- Open a Google sheet, “click add-ons,” and from the menu select, Foxy Labels then “Create Labels.”
- Select the spreadsheet with the data to merge. Ensure the first row has column names that are used as merge fields
- Choose your label template.
- Add merged fields, then customize your label in the box.
- Click the “merge” button, then proceed to review your document. To print your label, click “file” then “print.”
Also, you can first print on a blank page to ensure the labels are correctly aligned. This application can be used to merge wedding addresses for invitations, merge student records and addresses, and print custom price tags and stickers for retail businesses. The most popular labels are included for free. Your data is concealed and can’t be accessed by anyone as it remains in your account. With regard to pricing, there’s a free trial for 14 days, after which you can purchase a $30-year license or an $80-lifetime license.
Email to Text
Email to text add-on is a real game-changer meant to save you time and stress. This amazing add-on will help you send text from Gmail on your computer or phone. Therefore, the recipient can read and reply to your messages as soon as you send them. The app is implemented on Gmail, so you don’t have to use the chrome extension.
For you to send text from Gmail:
- Install the “Email to Text” add-on
- Next, click on compose a new message in your Gmail account.
- Type in the text you need to send.
- On the draft window at the bottom, click on the “email to text” icon.
- Here you can add the number(s) you need to send the message from existing contacts or add new ones.
- Click on save contacts. All your recipients will be added to your email in this format: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finally, proceed to send your email.
Every text response for the message you send is forwarded to your email. To unlock higher sending limits and other features, purchase a monthly subscription at $29. This add-on, however, only works with Unites States / Canadian phone numbers. When you send text from Gmail in a group, every contact is automatically messaged independently.
Smart Contact Manager
Smart Contact Manager has been a very helpful add-on to companies and even individuals who manage numerous contacts. The Smart Contact Manager automatically updates your contacts as your connections change. That means you don’t have to call disconnected lines or message outdated emails. This add-on allows you to share Google group contacts just with one click.
In order to use this add-on, first install the Smart Contact Manager app in the Google workspace marketplace. Log in as a G-Suite Admin and permit access to your team members or company employees to access Google contacts.
You will only share google group contacts with Gmail and G-Suite users after creating appropriate labels and assigning them contacts.
With Smart Contact Manager, any contact added in a shared label, it’s made visible to all shared users of that label. The app automatically synchronizes the updated contacts across shared groups, and you can create as many group contacts as you want.
Smart Contact Manager allows you to send emails to contacts within google group contacts.
Even without a G-Suite account, you can still use the Smart Contact manager with a Gmail account.