The Covid-19 pandemic has caused economic havoc around the world and here in Australia, we have had our fair share of infections and lockdowns, while in Europe and other parts of the world, they are finding that the virus is mutating into different strains.
We do know that this Coronavirus can be transmitted through touch and can also be airborne and with that in mind, here are some tips to help you reduce the risk of virus transmission in your office.
- Wearing Face Masks – The best way to go about this is to have a referendum among the office staff. Some will not want to wear a face mask while at work, which can actually be a health threat in itself, so you should put it to the vote.
- Professional Office Cleaning – If you want the best, check out https://jan-pro.com.au/, a leading Australian office cleaning franchise with a branch near you. The service can be tailored to suit the client and aside from coming in during closed hours and thoroughly cleaning the office, they would also top up hand sanitiser dispensers and make sure you have the PPE that you need to keep the office environment clean.
- Hand Sanitiser – There should be hand sanitiser stations at specific locations, along with antiseptic wipes. Staff are using their hands in a variety of ways and washing your hands 3-4 times a day is never a bad idea, while alcohol-based hand sanitiser is the simplest solution to keeping your hands clean.
- Social Distancing – This can be difficult in a vibrant office setting where people are animated and engaged in what they are doing, but you could set a limit on the number of people who can be inside a room. Fist bumps should be encouraged as opposed to the traditional handshake, for obvious reasons and if employees wish to be tested, this should be available on request, something to talk to the local authority about. Click here for tips on improving office productivity.
- Telephone Headsets – Rather than using the traditional office phone, which is used communally, why not invest in headsets for all your staff? This allows for hands-free use and it puts an end to sharing handsets, which could easily cause a transmission of the virus. The soft mic covers can be removed and washed and replacements cost next to nothing and if you are not enjoying the benefits of VoIP communication in your office, talk to a managed IT services provider and see what they can do for you.
It is very important to keep abreast of the current Covid-19 status, regardless of what part of Australia you live and with a vaccination roll-out underway, we can all expect to return to some form of normality in the not-too-distant future. As the business owner, it is your responsibility to provide PPE and to educate your workers regarding safe Covid practices and with everyone’s help, we can soon gain herd immunity.