“Timeline” marks the platform’s most significant release to-date
Toronto, ON, June 27th, 2016 – SceneDoc, public safety’s first all-in-one mobile software for data collection and retrieval, today announces availability of SceneDoc 4.0, a major upgrade aimed at both patrol officers and investigators that drives simplified data gathering, with capability to improve and increase both incident and non-incident related data collection.
SceneDoc 4.0 includes a new ‘Timeline’ feature that makes it super simple and intuitive to open the mobile application and immediately begin collecting any type of data, generate any report and take searchable and actionable electronic notes. Timeline has been well received by a growing list of customers. Police officers love the flexibility it provides as a launching pad to any data collection task and supervisors find the oversight it provides, at an activity level, unprecedented in law enforcement.
Sgt. Erik Gleason with Miami Gardens Police Department is getting geared up to pilot the technology. “We believe SceneDoc’s Timeline capability to be a real game changer for public safety. Our CID and patrol division supervisors will be in a position to make better decisions because of the near-real time visibility to any incident or non-incident related bit of data being collected in the field. Also, as we get ready to open our Real Time Crime Center here at the PD the views and dashboard provided by Timeline will be an incredible data source for the Center.”
With SceneDoc 4.0 field notes are now actionable and searchable by those in the agency. SceneDoc also automates the process for daily activity reports and daily logs, with dashboards called ‘streamers” that provide peers or supervisors with activity-level visibility. This comes in handy for general case management and is ideal for criminal investigators who can filter and review timelines for instant status on shifts, personnel activities and real-time search.
“Having been built to automate and improve the execution of daily patrol and investigative tasks, Timeline will drive even better data collection and sharing, resulting in more effective and efficient policing,” said SceneDoc CEO, Alex Kottoor.
SceneDoc 4.0 key features and capabilities include:
· Allows users to collect more data with ease, including electronic notes, non-incident based data, daily activity reports
· Provides supervisory oversight, as well as drag and drop additional files from the cloud, or select and drag Timeline entries into SceneFiles
· Scan the back of any North American driver’s license and the applicable form fields will auto populate with the information
· Drop down fields now have a search filter for easier analysis of long lists; while “Code Types” allow for more efficient use of multiple drop down fields within long forms
· Folders are now available for both form templates and field resources
· E-notes allow users to take notes within the app through keyboard or speech-to-text
· New Search capability makes lookups a breeze against any data type
· Improved in-app PDF viewer allows users to easily search and read PDFs
· Realm DB integration results in improved underlying database architecture for better security
· CAD data can now be viewed within the SceneFiles Details page
· Access the self-help portal through the mobile application, where users can view informative videos/FAQs, and other tips and best-practices
· Access ‘Chat’ with a SceneDoc Customer Success Manager directly from the platform
SceneDoc is public safety’s first all-in-one mobile software for data collection and retrieval. By modernizing with SceneDoc, agencies operate with higher levels of clarity and control, with fewer moving parts, capturing data and reporting at the point of need. SceneDoc is saving agencies an hour of paperwork per shift on average, resulting in less time reporting and more time in the community so officers can do what they do best. Agencies can share information and collaborate in near real-time, from any internet connected device, so potentially lifesaving intelligence is only a tap away. See why 90% of our customers are advocates at www.scenedoc.com.