It was this time last year that I put together a fun look at the most popular videos that we shared on GISuser during 2011 – still quite fun to look at I must say.
Another year comes to an end and during 2012 we have hundreds of interesting articles and features hit GISuser.com. We touched on many, if not most of the hot topics that affected the geo professional this year as well as topics of interest where GIS and Geo tech was front and center in the news or in helping provide valuable solutions. In my own columns there were over 100 posts and features this year, the most popular 10 features listed below.
- Privacy, Location and Social Media + A Stalker Exercise – Are You Concerned? What Are You Sharing?
- Hackday – Tips, Tricks, OpenData sources, and Developer Resources for Mobile Application Developers
- Wow! Mobile Indoor Positioning on Android With Wifarer at The Royal B.C Museum, Canada
- Focus on Cartography – Is the Enbridge Northern Gateway Pipeline Project (Canada) Lying With Maps?
- Getting Started With HTML5: 10 Getting Started with HTML5 Resources & Tools
- 10 Resources To Help You Get Started Programming with Python
- A Look at the Government of Canada Open data Pilot Project #OpenGov
- Using Social Media and Twitter To Land The Perfect Job – Tips, Tricks, Trends and a Happy Ending
- Mapping the Pacific Garbage Patch and Ocean Currents Moving Plastics and Debris
- 10 Awesome Technology Career Opportunities for GeoGeeks, Geo developers and Geo Pros
I hope you enjoy revisiting these items and more and I’d like to personally thank you for continuing with your support for our efforts, for visiting the site, reading the newsletter, posting jobs, buying historical map prints, sharing on social media, and for keeping us informed with your tips and comments.