Ever dropped your iPhone? Perhaps you’ve knocked it off your desk, dropped it in the toilet, or had it doused with spilled coffee… no worries, you aren’t alone as damaged iPhones have apparently cost Americans some $5.9+ Billion to date!
This from SquareTrade Research… Based on a survey of more than 2,000 iPhone users, the results combined the cost of repairs, replacements and insurance deductibles for cracked, dropped, pummeled, kicked, and water-damaged iPhones. The study also found that in the last 12 months alone, 30% of iPhone users damaged their device.
The top five iPhone accident scenarios according to the study are:
- Phone dropped from my hand
- Phone fell into a toilet, sink, hot tub, swimming pool, lake, etc.
- Phone dropped from a lap
- Phone knocked off a table
- Phone drenched by some liquid
Recall, the iPhone 5 was recently announced and will be shipping soon… Some of the additional, noteworthy functionality includes:
- new 4-inch Retina display”better” battery support
- up to twice the CPU and graphics performance (fast A6 chip)
- 7.6 mm anodized aluminum body that is 18 percent thinner and 20 percent lighter than iPhone 4S
- completely redesigned camera – 8 megapixel iSight® camera is “the most popular camera in the
- world”. Look for a sapphire crystal lens cover (golf clap), panorama feature enables 28 megapixel
- image capture, video stabilization, video face detection and photo capture while capturing video
- (nice). You’ll also find 720p HD video and phto sharing via iCloud
- new Lightning™ connector that is smaller, smarter and more durable
- new enhanced audio features including a new beam-forming, directional microphone system for higher
- quality sound, while background noise fades away with new noise canceling technology
- comes with the new Apple EarPods
iPhone 5 is available in either white & silver or black & slate, and will be available in the US for a suggested retail price of $199 (US) for the 16GB model and $299 (US) for the 32GB model and $399 (US) for the 64GB model.
- 10 Must Have Documents For Getting Started With iOS 6 Location Aware Apps and Mapping Apps
- Top 5 Ways People Damage / Destroy Their iPhone
- Benchmarking mobile maps on Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S III and Apple iPhone 5
- Effect of iPhone 5, New Smartphones and Tablets on Mobile Industry a Hot Topic
- Here It Is, iPhone 5 – Thinner, lighter, faster, better.