An interesting event near Vancouver as URISA BC (British Columbia, Canada) is hosting an interesting full day event on Feb 16, 2012 in Burnaby BC titled Open Data, So What? About the event… In this upcoming seminar, we will explore how geospatial technologies are being leveraged through open data, and how they are introduced into our daily lives both as GIS professionals and regular citizens. The event has an impressive lineup of speakers from local government, Esri Canada, local transit, and Open Data experts. All paid registrants attending this seminar will be entered for a chance to win an iPad 2.
From URISA… In this upcoming seminar, we will explore how geospatial technologies are being leveraged through open data, and how they are introduced into our daily lives both as GIS professionals and regular citizens. How are geospatial technologies being used in social media, asset tracking, mobile devices, the web and in business applications? Date – February 16, 2012, 8:00 am – 4:15 pm
- Sustainable Innovation Using Open Data
- Open Data Initiatives, Mobile Devices & Geo-Applications
- Building the City of Vancouver’s Open Data GIS Platform
- Improve Operations with Volunteer Geographic Information (VGI)
- Identifying the Origins and Destinations of Transit Customers Using Farebox Data
- Regional Traffic Data Systems (RTDS) – The Road to the Future of “Open Data”
- How to Run an Open Data Hackathon
- The Journey to Open Data
- Open Data: How the Vancouver Public is Using It
- Why Open Data?
- Open Data Panel
See Registration Info – http://www.urisabc.org/gis_geoenabling_event.html