January 6, 2010 – Spime Inc., the leading provider of LBS technology, today announces the availability of its MapMan LBS SDK.
MapMan is a comprehensive development platform enabling developers to incorporate Location Intelligence into their applications, services and content.
Spime’s MapMan Location Based Services (LBS) Platform is integrated with cloud based services and applications. Now available as an SDK, the platform allows developers to create innovative location enabled applications and services for Smartphones, Tablets, Slates, Netbooks, Notebooks and Desktop PCs.
The MapMan Platform provides advanced LBS functionalities including positioning, map display, POI and address search, reverse geocoding, routing, re-routing, textual and voice guided turn by turn navigation, location based advertising and Web based dynamic content and overlays.
Vibrant 3rd party ecosystems can be created and monetized with the MapMan LBS SDK. The fully documented and comprehensive SDK includes over 80 APIs, reference applications, and ready support for 18 languages. “Powerful APIs make it easy for the developers with no location expertise to quickly integrate advanced LBS functionality including pre-integrated content, voice guided turn by turn navigation, Spime Cloud Based Services and more”, says Venkateswaran Kasirajan, Spime’s Vice President of Engineering.
Developers can build differentiated applications and services without the up-front investment to develop software that integrates complex content (for example 3D functionality). Additionally, Spime’s tightly coupled Cloud Based Services provides the mechanism for monetization and funds settlement.
Developers can inquire about the MapMan LBS SDK at: http://www.spime.com/developers.htm
MapMan LBS SDK Features
• Over 80 APIs that enables advanced LBS functionality
• Address Search (geocoding & reverse geocoding)
• Search for Points of Interest (POIs)
• Routing (Vehicular and Pedestrian )
• Voice guided Turn by Turn Navigation
• Map display in 2D and 2.5D and standard map controls
• 3D Landmarks
• Brand Icons
• Dynamic markers and overlays and customizable cartography
• License Management
• Support for native device applications (contacts, calendar, e-mail)
• Supported with customizable back end infrastructure ( for content discovery, trial and monetization)
• Supports standard map data and content formats, providing geographic coverage and localization flexibility
• Sample Applications that compile and run on sample data for testing and demonstration
• Developers can use the leading software tools to build on APIs
• SDK supports 18 Languages and 100+ Countries
• Available for Win XP, Win 7, Windows Mobile 6.5, Windows Phone 7 and Android
“Spime solutions are completely modular offering developers flexibility to integrate only the needed LBS functionality or take advantage of Spime’s tightly coupled cloud based services to provide content discovery, downloads and monetization services. With this flexibility, developer’s with limited location expertise can develop and monetize a complete LBS solution”, says Gary Mendel, Spime’s VP of World Wide Marketing and Sales.
About Spime Inc.
Spime Inc. is a Silicon Valley California based company with R&D offices in Chennai, India. The company is a provider of white labeled LBS solutions to mobile operators, OEM / ODMs, developers and semiconductor providers. Spime’s LBS solutions include a Hybrid LBS Platform integrated with Cloud Based Services, Applications, Services Modules, an LBS SDK, location enabling technologies and engineering services.
The company’s solutions are highly customizable and offer value by pervasively enabling and monetizing Location Intelligence and content across Smartphones, Tablets, Slates, Netbooks, Notebooks and Desktops PCs. Spime’s white labeled strategy empowers customers control over brand, roadmap and monetization. New revenue opportunities and vibrant 3rd party ecosystems are opened around location.
For more information, please visit the Spime, Inc. website at http://www.spime.com/