RECRUITERS Post your GeoJob Ad Today
This year, ACRS 2015 will bring together students, researchers, scientists, engineers, policy makers, professionals and practitioners from developed and developing countries from and around Asia to share insights into the challenges and opportunities of Remote Sensing and related geospatial technologies in building resiliency and encouraging economic growth and development in one, dynamic Asia.
The conference takes place at a significant moment when disasters and climate change continues to negatively impact our people and the community. The conference, therefore, will provide an outstanding opportunity to learn and explore how Remote Sensing will help us build resiliency to these disturbances and to strengthen our capability to adapt to stress and change.
Call for Abstracts
Everyone is invited to submit abstracts of their papers to ACRS 2015. We especially welcome abstracts of papers covering any of the following topics. In addition to the suggested topics listed below, we also welcome submissions on research and applications of the new technologies in the remote sensing and spatial information fields that you may want to share.
- Fostering Resiliency with Remote Sensing
- Remote Sensing for Growth and Development
- Development in Satellite Programs for Asia
Regular ACRS Topics
- New Generation Sensors and Applications: satellite remote sensing system; airborne remote sensing system; UAV/UAS remote sensing system; hyperspectral sensing; microwave sensors/SAR/InSAR/D-InSAR; laser sensors/LIDAR; digital camera; other sensors.
- Remote Sensing Applications: global change; coastal zone/fisheries; water quality & water resources; agriculture & soil; vegetation & crops; forest resources; ecology/environment change; land use/land cover; geology/ geography/geomorphology; geo-hazards/disasters; mountain environment and mapping; coastal zone monitoring; atmosphere / oceanography; archaeology; hydrology; urban change monitoring; high resolution satellite mapping; nighttime remote sensing; other remote sensing applications.
- Data Processing: algorithm and modeling; DEM/3D generation; change detection; feature extraction; automatic/intelligent classification; hyperspectral/high resolution/SAR data processing; high resolution data processing; data fusion and data mining.
- Geographic Information System (GIS): spatial database; remote sensing & GIS integration; GIS decision support and models; visualization; GIS application in resource management; web GIS/mobile mapping.
- GPS & Photogrammetry: GPS applications; GPS & photogrammetry; Global Navigational Satellite Systems.
- Other Related Topics: RS/GIS/GPS integrated applications; digital photogrammetry; geospatial technology for energy, health, pollution, etc.; digital earth; space environment/deep space exploration; capacity building/education/training.
Abstracts (max. 3000 characters including spaces) must be submitted online through the Abstract Submission system at http://www.acrs2015.org/
A Technical Program Committee composed of international experts will be responsible in the review of submitted abstracts and in the selection of papers for oral and poster presentations. All full papers submitted and presented during ACRS 2015 will be published in the conference proceedings.
The registration fee for ACRS 2015 is USD 150 (One Hundred Fifty US Dollars).
- July 1, 2015: Last day of Abstract Submission
- August 1, 2015: Notification of Acceptance of Submitted Abstracts; Start of Full Paper Submissions
- September 1, 2015: Last day of Full Paper Submissions
- October 1, 2015: Last day of Online Registration
- October 19–23, 2015: ACRS 2015 Conference Proper
- October 24–28, 2015: ISPRS Student Consortium and WG VI/5 Summer School
ACRS 2015 is jointly organized by the Asian Association on Remote Sensing (AARS) and the Philippine Geosciences and Remote Sensing Society (PhilGRSS).
For your reference, we have attached copy of the conference brochure and flyer. But you may also download them through the following links:
Lastly, we are pleased to inform you that 2015 is VISIT THE PHILIPPINES YEAR! Filled with countless things to do, the Philippines is a melting pot of festivities, culture and adventure. So, we invite you to take time and visit many exciting places in the country’s 7,107+ islands before, during and after ACRS 2015.