Because search engine optimization has a huge impact on who grows online and who will be left behind, businesses all over the globe are looking for experts in the field of SEO. Also, due to the highly competitive environments online today, there is also a growing demand to hire the best SEO agency in the industry.
If this sounds like you and your organization, here are 3 tips on how to hire the best resources for a customizable SEO marketing campaign.
- Look for the top SEO Agencies with Good Reviews and References
Just like you would check the reviews and references of a prospective building contractor, you should also check the reviews and references of the prospective SEO agency, too. Because not all SEO agencies are the same, you need to know if they are a good reputable fit for your business. So, when you check these reviews and references, here are 3 common questions that you need answers to.
- Did the SEO agency achieve the goals and objectives set?
- Was the communication process between both the client and the SEO agency easy to facilitate?
- Was it a seamless transition to the newly revised SEO marketing strategy or campaign?
- Avoid Hiring SEO Agencies that Over Promise Results
When you are looking for the best SEO agency in the business, you need to weed out companies that may not be creditable. These are companies that you may want to avoid completely. For instance, whenever a SEO agency promises you the world, you need to proceed with caution before you attempt to hire these businesses for their services.
That said, here’s two results and promises that they really cannot guarantee. Or, they may cause your site to be penalized by Google and other search engines.
- Place Your site on the top Page of Google Immediately or in just a few weeks
- Encourages you to use Black Hat SEO Strategies (i.e.unethical techniques) to beat out your competition
If an SEO company or their representatives over promise or encourage you to take unethical shortcuts to get to the top of the search engine, cross these agencies off your list of prospects. In fact, you should only conduct business with organizations that know how to build a solid reputable strategy that works incrementally. Simply stated, do not hire any SEO agency that promises excellent results overnight.
- Only Work with SEO Agencies that Promises Full Transparency
Before selecting the Best SEO Agency for your company, you need to make sure that all of the tactics and strategies used are transparent to your company’s team of marketers. Simply put, do not work with an agency that hides this information as a secret formula.
You should only hire an agency that guarantees 100% transparency. Here are some of the primary reasons why this part of the negotiations are so important.
- You need to know exactly what services you are paying for. Whenever a SEO company does not want to share this information with you, these may be red flags that indicate the following:
- Overbilling clients
- Signs of shading practices and ethics
- You need to know if the practices used are white hat and not black hat seo. For instance, if the company is trying to get a competitive edge over your competition by using black hat strategies, your site may always be at risk of being penalized by Google.
- You will not be able to monitor or track activity that you cannot see. For instance, if you want to see if your SEO strategy is actually working or has a good ROI, you need full access to this information at all times.
- Work with Agencies that Provide a Technical & Search Audits
The SEO agency that you hire must be able to provide the most recent and updated SEO tools for audit purposes. These tools are essential for running and monitoring successful marketing strategies, including identifying areas fixes that need to be made.