Des Plaines, IL (August 12, 2021) URISA is pleased to announce the results of its 2021 URISA Board of Directors’ election. Ashley Hitt will serve in the position of President-Elect and Judy Colby-George, Stacey Corbett, and Tim Nolan will serve as Directors. They will all begin their three-year terms at the conclusion of GIS-Pro 2021 in Baltimore.
Ashley Hitt, GISP, Vice President, GeoAnalytics, Connected Nation, Louisville, Kentucky
“I am incredibly honored and excited to serve URISA as President-Elect. There is so much amazing work the organization and members do for the geospatial industry, and we will continue to grow together in our accomplishments. URISA has a strong vision and strategic goals for the profession, for all students and professionals, and for the organization itself. This is an amazing association that has provided so many opportunities and solutions for everything geospatial. I look forward to the next three years!”
Ashley will serve as President-Elect for one year and her term as President will begin at the conclusion of GIS-Pro 2022.
Newly-elected URISA Directors:
- Judy Colby-George, GISP, Principal, Spatial Alternatives Inc. and TJD&A, Landscape Architects & Planners, Yarmouth, Maine
- Stacey Corbett, GISP, GIS Manager, Electricity Operations, EPCOR, Edmonton, Alberta Canada
- Tim Nolan, GISP, Senior Applications Manager, Collin County, McKinney, Texas
Brent Jones was elected by the membership as President-Elect last year and will begin his term as President of URISA at the conclusion of GIS-Pro 2021. Kevin Mickey will become Immediate Past-President at that time.
At the close of GIS-Pro 2021, the terms of service for these URISA Board members will conclude and we thank them all, in advance, for their amazing dedication and service to URISA:
- Immediate Past-President: Keri Brennan, GISP, ENP, GeoComm, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Treasurer: Douglas M. Adams, GISP, ITIL, Baltimore County , Baltimore, Maryland
- Wendy Peloquin, GISP, GISinc., Jacksonville, Florida
- Tammy Peterson, CompassCom, Calgary, Alberta Canada
Mark your Calendar:
Portland, Oregon – August 16-20, 2021
St. Petersburg, Florida – November 8-12, 2021
Minneapolis, Minnesota – December 6-10, 2021
GIS-Pro 2021: Baltimore, Maryland – October 3-6, 2021