Des Plaines, IL (June 14, 2021) URISA’s Leadership Development Committee recently presented its recommended slate of candidates to the URISA Board of Directors. The Board unanimously approved the slate, listed below, for its 2021 election. URISA is pleased to present the following list of candidates for URISA President-Elect and for Directors on the Board.
Approved Slate for URISA 2021 Election:
For President-Elect: Ashley Hitt, GISP, Vice President – GIS Services, Connected Nation, Louisville, Kentucky
For Board of Directors (to fill 2 positions):
- Judy Colby-George, GISP, Principal, Spatial Alternatives Inc, Yarmouth, Maine
- Dr. Shane Hubbard, Research Scientist, Space Science and Engineering Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
- Pravin Mathur, GISP, Senior Geospatial Consultant-Program Manager, HIFLD, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Washington, DC
- Caitlyn Yoshiko McNabb, Consultant, Sedaru, Johnson City, Tennessee
- Tim Nolan, GISP, Senior Applications Manager, Collin County, McKinney, Texas
- Demetrio Zourarakis, Ph.D., GISP, CMS, Independent Consultant, Versailles, Kentucky
For Board of Directors – International Seat (to fill 1 position):
- Stacey Corbett, GISP, GIS Manager, Electricity Operations, EPCOR, Edmonton, Alberta Canada
- Yves Leger, GISP, GIS Manager, City of Saint John, Saint John, New Brunswick Canada
The official ballots will be distributed electronically to the entire membership on or by July 6. Those elected will begin their three-year Board terms following GIS-Pro 2021 in Baltimore. We thank these individuals for their dedication to URISA and willingness to serve in a leadership capacity.