Online gambling is certainly accessible to the elderly (seniors, 50+, senior citizens) as well. In fact, for many, it can be the ideal way to take a gamble since there are many advantages that online gambling has over gambling at a land-based casino.
Do you have questions about online gambling and aren’t sure how it all works? Don’t worry: we explain it here in a simple and clear way. And don’t find what you are looking for? Then don’t hesitate and just check out Veritop.com for more information about online casinos.
What exactly is an online casino?
Let’s start at the beginning. An online casino is nothing more than a website where many casino games are available. You can often try out the games for free, but in that case you can’t win anything. Do you really want to place a bet? Then you need to create an account.
On this account you can then put money. More about this later. With this play money it is possible to have a chance to win the nice prizes at the many games that the online casino has in question.
Of course, it’s wise not to sign up for an account blindly at the first online casino you come across. We’ve written more about finding a good, reliable online casino further down this page.
Little technical knowledge required for online gambling
If you are afraid that technical knowledge will be a pitfall you can breathe easy. Nowadays the good online casinos work very simply. Everything for creating an account and depositing money is explained step by step on the website in question.
In addition, there is always a help desk to turn to in case of problems. Downloading software to play casino games is not necessary these days. Gambling can also be done on the cell phone or tablet just through the website and no apps or other programs need to be downloaded!
What kind of games are available at an online casino?
The possibilities that an online casino has to offer are practically endless. At the average online casino there are a lot more games available than at a physical establishment of. There are online providers with thousands of different games. So the choice is huge!
Among the casino games found at virtually every casino are:
- Video slots: also known as fruit machines or slot machines
- Bingo games: online games based on bingo
- Scratch cards: online versions of scratch cards
- Table games: blackjack, roulette and baccarat
- Sports betting: betting on soccer, song contest and more
Many of these games can be found in the regular online casino. In addition, many providers also have a live casino section. Here you can play games that are led by a real croupier.
Through webcams, you can see exactly what the game master is doing and pass on your bet at the touch of a button. Online live gambling gives you a real-life casino experience from the comfort of your couch!
Finally, there are online casinos that also offer sports betting on their website. This is often listed under the name “sportsbook”. Here it is possible to gamble on the results of the Eredivisie, for example.
What is the best online casino?
Online casinos are plentiful. Each casino has its own advantages and disadvantages. There is no such thing as the best online casino for everyone. However, it is necessary that an online casino meets at least some basic requirements. These are:
- Valid gambling license
- Operating safely and reliably
- Good range of games
- Good customer service
Depositing money into your account and having the profits paid out
In order to gamble for money you need to create an account at the online casino that suits your needs. On this account money must then be deposited. This can be done at the better online casinos in many ways.
It is important to choose a method that you are confident in and may already have some experience with. Well-known ways to deposit money at an online casino are:
- Bank transfer
- Mastercard or Visa
In addition, it’s good to know how payouts work. This is always well indicated on the website of the online casino you have chosen.
Please note that it can take a while before you have the money in your account and there are often some conditions attached. Think of a minimum payout of 20 dollars for example. Always read the conditions carefully before you start gambling for money.
Gambling taxes must sometimes be paid on winnings.
What is a casino bonus and should I accept it?
Online casinos often advertise a welcome bonus for new users. You can certainly accept these if you want to get a good start at the online casino. Often a so-called deposit bonus is present. This entitles you to a certain percentage of your first deposit as a bonus. As an example:
- 100% bonus over first deposit up to 100 dollars. In this case when you deposit 100 dollars you will also receive 100 dollars of play money as a bonus. Often the bonus is valid from 10 or 20 dollars.
If you choose to accept a casino bonus then you must then comply with the bonus terms. These are set so that new users do not immediately cash out the bonus money and stop gambling. The bonus terms often dictate, among other things:
- How often the bonus money must be wagered
- For which casino games this bonus can be used
- Within which period you must have wagered the bonus money a number of times
Does this sound like too much hassle? Accepting a bonus is never mandatory and when you gamble with your own money you are not bound by these kinds of conditions.
Security online casino
We touched on this earlier, but security at an online casino deserves extra attention. Gambling at an online casino without a gambling license is not recommended.
Many good online providers have a gambling license issued in Malta. This EU country is known as safe and reliable and this gambling license is subject to strict requirements.
In addition, it is useful to rely on reviews from others. This way you don’t have to reinvent the wheel yourself and gamblers who went before you will let you know if they like the online casino or not.
Gambling is a fun way to pass the time and it can also be very enjoyable. Of course, there is also the great profit that is on the horizon. However, it is important to remember that, as with so many things in life, there are also risks lurking.
Curbing gambling addictions is better than preventing them. Therefore, for example, make sure you have a fixed budget per day, week or month and learn when it’s better to take a break. The online casino can also lock your account, temporarily or otherwise, if requested.
In addition, never play with money you can’t afford to lose. Your children and/or grandchildren will thank you!
Step by step gambling online casino
In order to make playing at an online casino as easy as possible, we have created a short step-by-step plan. By following it, you’ll be up and running with online gambling in no time!
Choose an online casino
Choose an online casino that suits you and creates an account here. To make identification as easy as possible recommend Queenplay or Turbo Casino. Here they make use of iDIN.
Deposit play money
Dump money into your account via iDeal. This trusted payment method provides great security and works quickly.
Enjoy the wide range of games
Nearly all online casinos offer more than 1,000 different games.
Cashing out winnings
After you have won something, you can have it easily credited to your bank account.
If you win more than $450 in one month, you must pay gambling tax.
Benefits of online gambling for seniors
With only the most important terms listed below, let’s end this overview by listing some of the benefits of online gambling.
- No need to travel to a land-based casino: gamble from the comfort of your own home
- Lots of choice in online casinos and in online casino games
- No technical knowledge required
- Also real casino experience possible in live casino department
- Bets can be made from as little as a few cents per game
- Higher odds of winning than at land-based casinos
- Gambling can be done 24 hours a day and seven days a week
Explanation of important terms in the online casino
- Deposit: depositing money.
- Withdrawal: having money paid out
- FAQ: Frequenty Asked Questions or frequently asked questions.
- Free spin: a free game at a video slot.
- Jackpot: a special prize that can skyrocket. A progressive jackpot grows until someone wins it.
- Live casino: the collection of games led by a live dealer.
- Promotions: bonuses and other promotions.
- Wagering requirements: the conditions that online casinos impose on the wagering of your bonus money. Also called wagering requirements.
- RTP: Abbreviation of Return To Player. This is the probability that you will win, expressed as a percentage, for example 96%.
- Sportsbook: the sports betting section.
- Table games: table games such as blackjack, baccarat and roulette.