With rising temperatures and extreme summer weather, toxic algal blooms are a pressing threat to the quality of municipal drinking water.
Join LG Sonic and Ramey Environmental and learn how to prepare for the summer season, so you do not have to worry about toxic algae and taste and odor complaints.
The session will be based on the Case Study of Town of Superior (Colorado, US). The Town reduced algae levels by 90% and maintained these healthy for the ecosystem levels even throughout one of the hottest summers.
In the agenda:
- The impacts of Harmful Algal Blooms on municipal drinking water
- How algae treatment can improve water quality indicators and benefit operational processes
- Monitoring, predicting, controlling algae
- Main Case Study: Successful algal bloom mitigation project in Town of Superior, Colorado – water quality data results
- Short Case Studies: City of Minneapolis (data results), American Water (data results, OPEX and ROI)
About the speakers:
- Wayne Ramey with over 30 years of experience in the water treatment industry, his company operates 32 wastewater facilities and over 40 watertreatment facilities in Colorado.
- Greg Eiffert with more than 15 years of experience in the water industry, Greg is the Director of LG Sonic US. Active in over 56 countries around the world, LG Sonic provides sustainable algae solutions to recover water bodies of top-level utilities, such as American Water, NIPSCO, Anglian Water, among the others.