DLL file errors have troubled millions of computer users. Millions of PC users encounter such problems every day. They spend hours to resolve such issues because it halts their work and other operations.
Urlmon.dll error is one of those frustrating DLL file errors that confuse many users. Your PC pops up the Urlmon.dll error when the Urlmon DLL file is corrupted or removed from your PC. This problem can also occur due to malware issue, registry problem, or a hardware failure.
The good news is you can solve this issue easily. You can replace Urlmon.dll file to fix the problem or try some other effective solutions!
Why do you get the Urlmon.dll error message?
The Urlmon.dll is a Dynamic Link Library file shared among several programs on a computer. It contains instructions and information required by the executable “.exe” files. Many programs use this file at the same time to save the memory and operate smoothly on your PC.
Although the Urlmon.dll file makes programs work efficiently, programs can upgrade or delete this file. The error occurs when a program deletes or changes this file, which is also used by many other programs on your PC. So, when you open and run another program using this file, it won’t open or run. The Urlmon.dll error will pop up and you won’t be able to complete your work!
How to resolve the Urlmon.dll file error?
You can try the following solutions to fix the Urlmon.dll file error:
- Restore your PC:
You can resolve the issue by restoring the PC to the most recent restore point. This is how you can do it:
- Click the Start button on the lower-left corner of the screen
- Type “System Restore” in the search box and then press the “Enter” key
- Open the System Restore option appeared in the search result
- Provide the administrator password if your system asks
- The System Restore Wizard will now guide you to the relevant restore point
- Restore the PC to complete the operation
You should not face the same issue again. If the Urlmon.dll error still troubles you, try the next method to resolve it!
- Reinstall the Microsoft Office Access 2010:
It is another simple solution to resolve the DLL file error. The following instructions work for Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10 PCs
- Open the Start menu on your PC
- Now, search Uninstall in the search box
- You will see “Add or Remove Programs” option in the search result, so click on it
- Now, search for Microsoft Office Access 2010 14, click on this program, and then uninstall it
- Restart your computer
- Reinstall Microsoft Office Access 2010 14 software now
Now, try to open the required program or file. If you still get the same error, you should try the third method to fix it.
- Update Windows:
If none of the previous two steps has worked, you should run Windows Update. Urlmon.dll errors sometimes occur due to outdated Windows. Therefore, you should give this solution a try. It has helped many Windows users and it will also help you!
- Open the Start menu on your PC
- Type Update in the search box and then press the Enter key
- Open the Windows Update dialogue box
- Click on the “Check for Updates” option
- Download the available updates on your PC
- Restart your computer and then repeat the previous steps
Keep searching for new updates and download them until there are no updates! Now, try to open then the program or file you want to use. Your PC should not show the same error again!
There are some users, who have tried all three methods explained in this post and yet their issue didn’t solve. It can also happen to you! So, download and replace Urlmon.dll file to resolve the problem.
Do not pick any available source to download DLL files. You may accidentally inject malware and adware programs on your PC! Choose only a trusted source to replace Urlmon.dll file. Copy the downloaded file and paste on an accurate location. You won’t get the same error message again!