Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Functional Consultant
Exam PL-200: Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant
The New Exam: PL-200, How It Is Different From the Exam MB-200
Microsoft announced on 1st July 2020 the retirement of the Exam MB-200 Microsoft Power Platform + Dynamics 365 and the replacement by the Exam PL-200 Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant. As per the announcement, the Exam MB-200 stands retired with effect from 31st December 2020. Now you can not take the Exam MB-200 to qualify for the certifications Microsoft Certified: Power Apps + Dynamics 365 Developer Associate which also stands retired with effect from 31st December 2020. Now all candidates are required to take the new track and the new exams.
Exam MB-200: Microsoft Power Platform + Dynamics 365 Core
Candidates for this exam are functional consultants who have access to the features and functionality of the enterprise licensed product. As a functional consultant, the candidate is aware of bundled versions of features but does not primarily work with these bundled products.
Candidates are primarily responsible for configuring the system to meet client needs, performing design tasks related to implementing new features and functionality, and implementing and testing system changes.
Candidates plan the functional design for solutions, implement an application lifecycle management (ALM) process, migrate data and objects from legacy and external systems, integrate Power Platform with other systems, and manage the Power Platform environment.
Microsoft Exam MB-200 happened to be a part of the following certifications;
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Customer Service Functional Consultant Associate
Exam PL-200: Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant
Candidates for this exam perform discovery, capture requirements, engage subject matter experts and stakeholders, translate requirements, and configure Power Platform solutions and apps. They create application enhancements, custom user experiences, system integrations, data conversions, custom process automation, and custom visualizations.
Candidates implement the design provided by and in collaboration with a solution architect and the standards, branding, and artifacts established by User Experience Designers. They design integrations to provide seamless integration with third-party applications and services.
Candidates actively collaborate with quality assurance team members to ensure that solutions meet functional and non-functional requirements. They identify, generate, and deliver artifacts for packaging and deployment to DevOps engineers, and provide operations and maintenance training to Power Platform administrators.
Power Platform Functional Consultants should be familiar with Dynamics 365 model-driven applications and should have experience using the Power Platform components to extend and customize Dynamics 365 model-driven applications.
What is the Difference Between MB-200 and PL-200 Exams?
From the certification point of view, there is a major difference between the Exam MB-200 and PL-200. The Exam: MB-200 was not a standalone exam to earn a certification. It was the part requirement for two certifications, Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Sales Functional Consultant Associate and Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Customer Service Functional Consultant Associate. On the other hand the Exam PL-200 is a standalone exam that can earn you the certification; Power Platform Functional Consultant Associate. It has no related exams whatsoever. As PL-200 is a replacement for the MB-200, so most of the MB-200 skills are included in the PL-200, besides that PL-200 contains more new and updated contents.
Content Updates and differences are as following
- The canvas apps as well as portal apps are covered by the new exams. Some of the new features are added to Canvas apps learning items, these include offline capabilities, component libraries, and app checker.
- Rewording has been done in Power Automate learning items with UI flows, flow checker, and analytics being added. In MB-200 there was only one learning item in Business process flows, but now have multiple items for the same. It includes an item on how you can then work with the CDS entity of the business process flow itself.
- Power Virtual Agents is completely new and has a full chapter to cover bots, topics, and (PVA) entities now.
- The addition of Power BI is new, same is the context of integrating Power Apps with other platforms.
- New updates include AI builder basics and integration with Power Apps and Power Automate.
- Teams integration is elaborated further with a lot of new content on integrating into Teams. Also, here is an item on provisioning a Teams channel using Power Automate.
- The chapter on implementing integration, which covered the App for Outlook, server-side email integration, and SharePoint has been removed completely
- The initial set-up of admin roles and license assignments for which you needed access to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center has also been descoped, probably as it belongs more to the M365 certification.
- Training emphasis is shifted from Dynamic 365 to Power Platform.
Preparing For The Exam PL-200
For the latest contents of the PL-200 exam, Marks4Sure offers complete training at very reasonable pricing with the surety of success. A money-back guarantee is offered by Marks4Sure for all their training material. Known for their innovative training pathway Marks4Sure provides the authentic PDF + Testing Engine for success In Microsoft Exam PL-200 which earns you the prestigious Microsoft Certification: Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant certification. Braindumps by Marks4Sure are known to be the best as they are compiled by the experienced professionals of the IT Industry.
Microsoft Power Platform is a productivity platform for enterprises with solutions for development and business intelligence. Due to its reliability and scalability, it is already making a good advancement in SME and large enterprises. There are lots of opportunities for professionals. Based on the new and updated contents, the exam PL-200: Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant can earn you the rewarding Microsoft Certification: Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant certification, which opens the doors to new opportunities for those seeking a career in this growing platform.