Hexagon AB, a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions, is showcasing its solutions for safe, sustainable cities at the Smart City Expo World Congress (SCEWC) 2019, which commences today in Barcelona.
“Hexagon doesn’t make or sell ‘Smart Cities’ — we offer technology solutions that are far more tangible and revolutionary,” said Ola Rollén, Hexagon President and CEO. “The ‘smart’ we care about is the Smart Digital Reality™, which brings the physical and digital worlds together as one, empowering city leaders with the capabilities and tools to ensure public safety becomes a certainty and sustainable cities a reality.”
At stand C-343, Hexagon will host live, interactive experiences showcasing the powerful combination of reality capture, a holistic approach to safety and security, and the location intelligence to meet any city challenge. Presentations and discussions will centre around three key areas:
- Reality capture for a digital city: How to create complete, accurate, precise, photo-realistic digital replicas of cities — from every street and building to a city’s entire underground infrastructure
- Absolute certainty for a safe city: How to enable connectivity between systems, collaboration between teams, and greater intelligence in operations — from removing the limits of 2D, camera-based surveillance to connecting agencies and departments city-wide
- Infinite insight for an intelligent city: How to leverage infinite layers of data in 5D – from citizen engagement apps and real-time monitoring environments for traffic safety and flood management to urban planning, utility operations, and more
For more specifics, please visit hexagon.com/SCEWC19/agenda.
Thought leaders from Hexagon will also engage city leaders during the Congress portion of the event:
- Linking Situational Intelligence With Situational Awareness
Kalyn Sims, Chief Technology Officer, Hexagon’s Safety & Infrastructure division
Tuesday, 19 November | 1:45 PM | South District Agora
- The Smart Digital Reality for the Smart City
Pascal Strupler, Product Manager, Hexagon’s Geosystems division
Tuesday, 19 November | 11:30 AM | Urban Environment Congress Room
Additionally, Hexagon is a finalist for the World Smart City Awards in the Urban Environment category for its efforts to connect satellite and operational data to trigger predictive maintenance for utilities. Using a solution from Hexagon and its partner Planetek Italia, Italian utility company Hera improved the effectiveness of its pipeline inspections by 40 per cent. Winners will be announced at SCEWC in the main auditorium on 20 November at 19:00 CET.
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.