Deployment of MaaS platform to solve patient experience, administration and wayfinding challenges through mobile and web applications
AUSTIN, Texas –Phunware, Inc. (NASDAQ: PHUN) (the “Company”), a fully-integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides products, solutions, data and services for brands worldwide, today announced an upcoming launch by Mount Sinai Health System of the Company’s Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform, including its healthcare vertical solution, location-based services, mobile engagement and web wayfinding capabilities to solve navigation, communication and engagement challenges.
“The prioritization of digital innovation is increasingly important to solve challenges and to improve the patient experience,” said Robbie Freeman, Senior Director of Clinical Operations at Mount Sinai Hospital. “We look forward to leveraging the Phunware platform to better reach and engage our patients and visitors, while also improving our internal operations.”
- Application development, with customized branding for both iPhone and Android devices
- Mobile engagement features, including proximity and geofence notifications, triggered by the patient or visitor’s location
- Location-based services for seamless indoor and outdoor navigation, including:
- Access to maps (5 million square feet) that feature points of interest such as physician offices, gift shops and elevators which can be updated and edited by staff for construction updates, wing closures and more
- Real-time, blue dot routing and static navigation from any configured point of interest to destinations within the medical center (940,000 square feet of blue dot coverage)
- Kiosk and digital display, including:
- Access to the same mobile maps and turn-by-turn directions on a desktop browser displayed in a kiosk or digital display; patients and visitors can better prepare for their journey around the hospital facility from home, or when they arrive, and allow application users to print and share navigation instructions
- Administrative portal for easy content management, messaging and map configurations
“We are extremely honored have licensed and now be deploying our MaaS platform to Mount Sinai Health System,” said Alan S. Knitowski, CEO and Co-Founder of Phunware. “Wayfinding is a significant and ongoing challenge for hospitals and medical facilities of all types and sizes and our platform bridges this gap to provide better healthcare and patient experiences before, during and after medical appointments, procedures and visits.”
Phunware will exhibit its award-winning solution at the 2019 AHA Leadership Summit at Booth 807 from 7/25 to 7/27. The summit convenes the healthcare industry’s leading thinkers and innovators focusing on transformational strategies and approaches for achieving financial sustainability while delivering greater value through operational excellence, creative partnerships, and redefined delivery models.