Since then, nearly 700 GIS professionals have attended the specialized five-day GIS leadership and management training program that focuses on:
- GIS leadership and management techniques
- GIS Strategic planning
- Successful team development
- Organizational capacity building and sustainability strategies (ROI, innovative funding ideas)
- Program investment and justification
- Change management
- Situation assessment and organizational performance evaluation
- Ethics and professional challenges
- Problem solving
The Academy is taught by GIS leaders (all are GISPs and accomplished in the field). Each GLA includes numerous interactive exercises, team-building tools, and opportunities to delve into topics in a way you cannot do at a large conference. Attendance is limited in size to encourage such interaction with each event capped at about 50 participants.
For the first time, URISA will host the GIS Leadership Academy three times in one calendar year. The first 2018 GLA took place in Columbus, Ohio in April. The second opportunity to attend the GLA will be in Salt Lake City during the week of July 23-27 (note that only a few seats remain). Because of the outstanding response, URISA is pleased to announce a third offering of the program this December 3-7, 2018 in Austin, Texas.
For one of the last seats in Salt Lake City or to reserve your spot in Austin, click here.
Mark Your Calendar: