Des Plaines, IL (December 5, 2016) —URISA is pleased to announce that its GIS Leadership Academy will be offered twice in 2017.
- April 3-7, 2017 in San Diego, California
- July 24-28, 2017 in Providence, Rhode Island
The success of any GIS program is largely tied to the capabilities of its leader. Strong leadership is necessary to establish a solid GIS program, operate efficiently and effectively, coordinate participants, adapt to change, and move a program forward. Leadership, however, is a skill that must be developed. URISA’s GIS Leadership Academy was established to meet this need.
- GIS leadership and management techniques
- Strategic planning
- Successful team development
- Organizational capacity building and sustainability strategies (ROI, innovative funding ideas)
- GIS program investment and justification
- Change management
- Situation assessment and organizational performance evaluation
- Ethics and professional challenges
- Problem solving
The Academy is taught by proven leaders in the profession (all are GISPs and accomplished in the field). Each course includes numerous interactive exercises, team-building tools, and opportunities to delve into topics in a way you cannot do at a large conference. (Note that course attendance is limited in size to encourage interaction.) Substantial early registration discounts for both San Diego and Providence expire on December 31.
August 2016 URISA Leadership Academy Graduates (Chicago)
What attendees had to say…
“Even though I am not the manager, I can be a leader for my organization in GIS ,and be an agent of change.”
“I learned more than expected. This is the first time I’ve been able to interact with, almost exclusively, GIS managers, coordinators and GIOs.”
“It inspired new ideas on integration and getting the word out about GIS. The review of strategic planning and ROI was excellent.”
Learn more about this unique GIS leadership program here.