May 18, 2015— Exelis (NYSE:XLS) will highlight a sophisticated portfolio of naval and undersea technologies at the 2015 IMDEX ASIA International Maritime Defense Exhibition and Conference, booth K24, May 19–21, at the Changi Exhibition Center in Singapore.
At the show, the largest maritime defense exhibition in Asia Pacific, Exelis will showcase a range of strategic capabilities to support the evolving naval missions of customers in the region. These include shipboard sonar systems, command and control (C2) and data link technologies, and a complement of advanced manned and unmanned mine defense systems.
“For decades, Exelis has supported the maritime defense missions of our customers in Asia Pacific, and we remain committed to helping them meet the region’s evolving military challenges,” said Jim Brunelle, senior director of the Exelis undersea systems business. “Our cutting-edge technology provides the reliability and strategic capabilities our customers and allies need to adapt and succeed.”
Among the key systems on display at the show, Exelis will feature:
- Variable-depth sonar solutions such as the Model 980 Active, Low-Frequency Towed Sonar (ALOFTS) system. ALOFTS combines a proven acoustic source with a passive towed array using the most advanced commercial technology and a proven rugged design to counter quiet threats in the littoral or deep ocean. Exelis ALOFTS systems are already deployed on board the Republic of Singapore Navy’s Formidable class frigates.
- Hull-mounted sonar systems such as the Model 997, designed to provide maximum performance in search, detection, tracking and classification of targets at the lowest cost and risk. The 997 provides an operationally proven capability for anti-submarine self-defense, excellent self-defense against torpedoes, and the ability to avoid mine-like objects.
- A shore-based training system based on Exelis ALOFTS and Model 997 sonar technology. The system incorporates all the sonar technology present in a shipboard environment, including the same user consoles. The system allows operators to train comprehensively against active and passive undersea targets in simulated scenarios.
- The Command Management Information system (CMIS), which provides operators with the tools to succeed in a range of naval missions, from helicopter control to search and rescue. The Exelis CMIS design incorporates cutting-edge hardware, software and significant commercial components and is applicable to a broad range of maritime platforms. The system can also be easily extended to support new sensor packages such as electronic support measures or advanced sonar systems. The Exelis CMIS is currently deployed with the Norwegian Coast Guard.
- Advanced moored, magnetic, acoustic and influence minesweeping systems, including the Mechanical Minesweeping System and Combination Influence Sweep system. Navies worldwide rely on Exelis integrated minesweeping systems to counter the threat posed by sea mines and protect vital waterways, ports, and harbors. A producer of cutting-edge mine countermeasures for 40 years, Exelis has designed and developed the next generation of mine countermeasure systems for faster and safer clearing of sea mines.
- The Network-Enabled Tactical Link System (NETLS), a state-of-the-art data link buffer, translation and management system that offers customers a real-time, multilink data exchange capability to optimize overall force coordination in a wide variety of missions. NETLS interfaces with a range of legacy and forward-deployed systems and can function as a C2 system, or as a data link server to an enterprise C2 system. With more than 125 data link systems deployed worldwide, including shipboard, airborne, and command centers, NETLS is currently deployed within NATO as well as Asia-Pacific nations.
To learn more about these solutions and other cutting-edge Exelis capabilities that support our customers’ international naval missions, visit booth K24 at IMDEX Asia 2015.
Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense, information and services company that leverages a greater than 50-year legacy of deep customer knowledge and technical expertise to deliver affordable, mission-critical solutions for global customers. Exelis is a leader in positioning and navigation, sensors, air traffic management solutions, image processing and distribution, communications and information systems; and focused on strategic growth in the areas of critical networks, ISR and analytics, electronic warfare and composite aerostructures. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Exelis employs approximately 10,000 people and generated 2014 sales of approximately $3.3 billion. For more information, visit our website at www.exelisinc.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTu