The 9th International Symposium on Mobile Mapping Technology (MMT 2015) will be hosted by the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, UNSW Australia, in the beautiful harbourside city of Sydney, Australia, from Wednesday the 9th to Friday the 11th December 2015.
Over the past 20 years, the MMT Symposium has been the primary event jointly sponsored by the International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing ( ISPRS), International Association of Geodesy (IAG) and the International Federation of Surveyors (FIG). In addition, for the first time, another two major international organisations, the International Society of Mine Surveying (ISM) and the International Cartographic Association (ICA), Australia’s Surveying and Spatial Sciences Institute (SSSI), and Spatial Industries Business Association (SIBA), as well as Australian Robotics and Automation Association (ARAA) have also offered the official sponsorships to the MMT2015.
The MMT-2015 will be an open forum to discuss the most recent technologies and their applications, to exchange experiences and to promote future research aiming at technological advancement and improved professional practice in the fields related to mobile mapping.
The Symposium will feature the keynote speakers, oral and interactive poster sessions, industry panel discussions, technical case studies; pre-Symposium workshops and a trade exhibition, as well as a variety of entertaining social events.
Call for Abstracts and Special Session Proposals
The MMT2015 Symposium is soliciting abstracts on a wide range of mobile mapping and applications related topics including, but not limited to :
• Historical Developments, Current Status and Future Trends; Educational Aspects;
• UAV/UAS Photogrammetric Mapping; Geo-referenced Street and Coastal Views;
• Feature Extractions; Personal and Pedestrian Navigation;
• Semantic Interpretation in Mapping; Image Sequence Analysis;
• Real-Time Mapping Technology and Applications;
• Indoor/Outdoor Positioning and Mapping; Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM);
• Inertial Sensors and Error Modelling; Sensor Integration;
• Terrestrial, Mobile and Airborne LiDAR Systems;
• 3D Flash LIDAR and 3D Cameras; Smart Phones for Positioning, Mapping and Navigation;
• Precise GNSS Positioning and Navigation; Geodetic Datum/Reference Frames;
• Standard Testing Procedure and Best practices for Mobile Mapping Systems;
• Mobile Mapping for:
Modern Cadastral Systems; Local city council land and environmental managements; Geographic Information System (GIS); Building-Information Models (BIMs); Construction
Automation; Infrastructure Engineering; Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS); Autonomous Driving; Mining Operations; Precision Farming; Rapid Disaster Relief and Monitoring Applications; Subsurface Utility Mapping; 3D Landscape and City Modeling; Geo-referenced Street and Coastal Views, Reality-Based 3D maps, Location-Based Services (LBS); Structural Health Monitoring (SHM), and so on.
Experts from academia and industry are invited to submit proposals for various special sessions and workshops related to mobile mapping.
How to Submit:
The symposium abstracts/special session proposals must be submitted using the official abstract/special session web form via EasyChair athttps://easychair.org/
• Special Session Submissions: 16 th June 2015
• Symposium abstracts: 16th July 2015 (Notification of acceptance: 6th August 2015)
• Full papers to be peer-reviewed : 6th October 2015
• Full papers in non-refereed symposium proceedings: 20th November 2015
Symposium Website: www.mmt2015.org