Introducing TomTom GO Mobile, a free Android app
AMSTERDAM—TomTom (TOM2) GO Mobile, a new navigation app for Android devices, with TomTom Traffic, is now available globally for free on 64 Google Play stores. People can now experience TomTom’s premium navigation and real-time traffic information, driving up to 75km every month free of charge*. Drivers can upgrade to unlimited driving with a simple in app purchase.
“We entirely rethought our Mobile solution so every driver has the chance to try navigation with TomTom Traffic. Now all Android owners can avoid the traffic jams and get to their destinations faster, every day.”
Sharing the same user interface as the award-winning TomTom GO satnav, the mobile app now helps drivers get to their destinations, faster, every day. With offline Maps, TomTom Traffic, superior routing and Speed Camera warnings in countries where available, the app is the ideal travel companion for mobile users. The new app features a global map licence so drivers can use it all over the world** even without a network connection***.
“The TomTom GO Mobile app for Android is made for drivers who want to experience the best of TomTom on their smartphone,” says Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director, TomTom Consumer. “We entirely rethought our Mobile solution so every driver has the chance to try navigation with TomTom Traffic. Now all Android owners can avoid the traffic jams and get to their destinations faster, every day.”
The app is now available to download from the Google Play store for free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detailsid=com.tomtom.gplay.navapp
In-app purchase for unlimited kilometres
- 1 year = €19.99
- 3 years = €44.99
Smart phone requirements:
Drivers need a Gmail account and a phone with Android v4.0.3 or higher and a screen resolution of 800 x 480 pixels or higher.
Current users of TomTom Navigation App:
- The old TomTom Navigation App is no longer available for sale on the Google Play store
- Current owners of the old App can still find it in ‘My apps’ on the Google Play store
- The App will continue to be supported until October 1st, 2015
- Map updates on the old TomTom Navigation App will continue until October 1st, 2015
- Drivers who have purchased a TomTom Traffic and Speed Cameras subscription will continue to receive these services until the subscription ends.
- The old App supports devices with a screen resolution between 800 * 480 pixels and 1920 x 1080 pixels on Android version 2.2 till 5.0
- Existing customers can now download a three year Unlimited Navigation subscription for the new TomTom GO Mobile App for €0.50.
TomTom GO Mobile app features:
- Lifetime TomTom Traffic: Always drive with real-time traffic information for the lifetime of your app*****
- Tap and go: Tap one of your favourite destinations on the map, and you’re on your way
- Navigate to Contacts: Never memorise an address again. Select a contact from your list and the app will plan your route.
- Quick search: Find your destination faster with intuitive search results. Quick search starts to find your destination as soon as you start typing.
- Points of Interest: From petrol stations to hotels, your app comes pre-loaded with millions of useful POIs
- [Lifetime Speed Cameras: Avoid speeding fines with accurate and timely speed warnings for the lifetime of your app*****
- Offline Maps: Maps are stored on your smartphone. So you don’t need an internet connection, or data roaming, to plan a new route or re-route.
- Lifetime World Maps: Always drive with the latest maps for over 100 countries******
For a detailed overview of all features and available maps, please go to: