RECRUITERS Post your GeoJob Ad Today
Why does room to remote features in a video communication system matter? In the article published on the Beta News article late last year, the author notes that the one thing all successful businesses share is a fully functioning communication system. It further noted that the system in question has to perform extremely well on both internal and external fronts.
This seems to suggest that one of the things most fundamental to building a successful business is the presence of a well thought-out, well-devised, communication platform, one that works for both employees and consumers.
Room to Remote Connections
The idea is, of course, true. A communication system that brings people together is the best kind there is. One fine example of this is Blue Jeans. With room to remote capability, web based conferring systems of this kind give you the means to host meetings.
For room to remote connections, there are three types that exist:
- Connect to other conference room systems
This type of connection expands the reach and access of your conference room systems. By connecting to a different conference room system, you can host meetings with people wherever their conference room systems are located, whether it’s a few doors down the hall or miles away, in another office.
This type of connection is suited to those times when you have to host meetings for large groups. Just connect to the conference room system in question and you can start the meeting right away. No need to go there yourself. No need to commute to somewhere just to meet up with the group. You can start and end that meeting without having to leave the comfort of your own office or conference room. Just by having a system like Blue Jeans on your side and you’re good to go.
- Connect to computers
This type of connection is suited for those times when you want to host meeting, either one on one or with just two to three people. After all, you are now connecting to another computer, or computers, depending on how many there is in the group. In terms of flexibility, this allows for a bit more leeway since such computers can be located at home. So you can host your meetings with an offsite employee or remote staff.
- Connect to mobile devices
Out of all the three types of connections possible, this type of connection offers the greatest flexibility. It allows you to host a video meeting with someone who might be participating in the meeting while in transit or on the go.
Advantages of Room to Remote Systems
- Reduced costs. Because you can host meetings using your room system, there’s no longer any need for your coworkers, or for you, to shell out money for travel fare just to get to a designated meeting place outside the office. Other associated travel charges also get the axe, such as hotel fees for those times when meetings run for two to five days and the attendees have to be provided with sleeping accommodations. Meal budgets are also a part of it. In addition, companies that used to rent out big venues just to have enough space for everyone at the meeting can finally look forward to a big chunk of cost-savings.
- More energy. You have more energy for other things. Because room to remote capability allows you to get in touch with anyone, anywhere, you no longer have to go through long commuting hours, or exhausting travel times that used to be such a given for meetings, especially involving people who live a great distance away from each other. With less demands for you to travel, you have more energy to focus on, and dedicate yourself to, the job.
- Remote work. With video conferencing technology that allows you to connect to anywhere, you can provide flexible work arrangements for most, if not all of your staff. According to a study reported by the Telework Research Network, focusing on telecommuting statistics, 80 percent of Americans would telecommute, if given the chance.
- Employee control over schedule. Because of video conferencing technology, your staff can work wherever they wish. They no longer have to be chained to their cubicles, day in and day out. This can mean any of the following: employees working out from another conference room somewhere in the office, from the café a block away, from home and even from another country. By having conferencing solutions like Blue Jeans ready to fulfill your communications needs, you and your staff would have no trouble bridging the gap any time.
These are just a few of the wonderful advantages you get from conferencing systems that offer room to remote capabilities. So the next time you plan to outfit your office with video conferencing solutions, you know what to look for.