Des Plaines, IL (January 21, 2015) URISA is pleased to announce the 2015 members of its Vanguard Cabinet. The Vanguard Cabinet (VC) is a URISA initiative (which debuted in 2011) to engage young GIS practitioners, increase their numbers in the organization, and better understand the concerns facing these future leaders of the GIS community. The VC is an advisory board who represent the young membership of the organization. The Cabinet’s mission is to collaborate with URISA’s Board of Directors and Committees in creating and promoting programs and policies of benefit to young professionals.
Comprised entirely of passionate young members selected from different geospatial disciplines, the Cabinet aims to position URISA as the center of opportunities for ambitious young professionals who are committed to improving URISA and the geospatial profession via innovation, collaboration, networking, and professional development.
2015-2016 URISA Vanguard Cabinet Members:
- Daniel Behnke, GISP – Data Transfer Solutions, Orlando, Florida
- Yuriy Czoli – Development Seed, Toronto, Ontario Canada
- Derreck Deason – WhoData.org, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Carey-Lee Dixon – National Spatial Data Management Division, Kingston, Jamaica
- Damian Graham, GISP – GE Capital, Chicago, Illinois
- Kitty Hurley, GISP – State of Minnesota, Saint Paul, Minnesota
Each member serves a two-year term. Meet each member and learn more about VC activities here:http://www.urisa.org/about-us/vanguard-cabinet/