Some very cool technology this week that also made a big Splash at CES – The Burg Smartwatch
Priced at only $199, the “Dick Tracy”-like BURG 12 smartwatch functions as a standalone phone, with the ability to make and receive calls and texts without connecting to a smartphone.
The BURG 12 features touch-screen menus that offer a complete suite of smartphone features:
- Full phone functionality to make and receive calls with the watch’s speakerphone using the included SIM card or paired with your iPhone or Android smartphone.
- Two-way Bluetooth-based communication.
- SMS and MMS capabilities.
- Includes a SIM card with $25 of prepaid talk and text.
- Camera to take and view photos.
- Calendar, calculator, and contact list.
- FM radio, MP3 music, MP4 video player, and voice recorder. Controls and plays the smartphone’s music through the speaker.
- 3-day standby battery life, 2-3 hour talk time, 3-4 hour media player.
- Connects to iOS or Android™ smartphones via Bluetooth 3.0 technology.
- Colorful 1.5-inch TFT touch screen display with 240 x 240 resolution puts menus and controls at your fingertips.
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery charges in 1-3 hours through included USB to Micro USB cable.
- Micro SD port for up to 16GB of storage and Micro USB port for syncing and charging.
- Includes 4GB MicroSD card to save image and music files.
- Scratch and splash resistant.
- Includes black or purple straps (additional straps and bezels are available).