Expo at Canada’s Largest Government Technology Event to Open Oct. 28 at the Ottawa Convention Centre
OTTAWA, Ontario, Oct. 20, 2014 — GTEC, Canada’s largest government technology event, today reveals new product and service announcements that exhibitors will make around the event next week. As Canada’s largest showcase of technologies and services for advancing the business of ICT in government, the two-day exhibition will host more than 150 exhibitors and will be open October 28 and 29. GTEC runs October 27–30, 2014 at the Ottawa Convention Centre. To register or for more information, visit: www.gtec.ca.
“In its 22nd year, GTEC continues to serve as a platform for innovation and is pleased to welcome the most cutting-edge technology companies serving the public sector, and working to enhance government services for citizens,” said GTEC Executive Director Michele Lajeunesse. “GTEC provides a unique forum to connect IT buyers, decision makers, and sellers, and we’re excited for attendees to experience the wide array of state-of the-art solutions first-hand.”
The following is a sampling of exhibitors’ news in advance of GTEC 2014:
- Acaveo (Booth K11) released Smart Information Server 3.1 on October 3rd to deliver new customer-driven features that enable companies to understand large volumes of employee-generated unstructured data through data ownership analysis, access rights assessments and scalable analytics of large file storage environments. Gartner is reporting on the technology category as File Analysis.
- Adobe’s State of Mobile Benchmark found that mobile-devices are increasingly vital tools for Canadians. Adobe CEO, Shantanu Narayen will discuss during his keynote, governments need to adapt to changing consumer-behaviours to better engage citizens. Adobe’s Creativity in Public-Sector Gallery (Booth 501) will showcase innovative ways public-sector organizations are reaching today’s citizens.
- Aetonix (Booth 521) is proudly introducing the aTouchAway solution committed to increasing the quality of life of seniors and people with special needs with an easy-to-use touchscreen video/audio communication system enabling a worldwide connection with family members/care professionals by a simple touch on the picture of the person to be called.
- Air Interactive Media (Booth 510) introduces AIM mView Suite version 1.05. mView Suite is an enhancement to any existing Document Management Solution. AIM overcomes the BYOD policy concerns by allowing employees to rapidly access, collaborate and securely share data through any mobile and/or computing device.
- Bit9 + Carbon Black (Booth 115) will demonstrate its newest products, the Bit9 Security Platform v. 7.2 and Carbon Black v. 4.2. The combination delivers complete endpoint threat prevention, detection and response to make advanced threats easier to see and faster to stop—before a breach occurs and data is lost.
- Continuing its breakthrough developments in conferencing, Bosch (Booth 314) is pleased to introduce its latest innovation, the DCN multimedia conference system. DCN multimedia is more than just a brand new conference system. It is ideal for meeting areas such as city councils, regional councils and boardrooms.
- The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (Booth 326) is launching a service called D-Zone Anycast DNS that improves the performance and resiliency of websites. D-Zone is a secondary DNS service leveraging a uniquely strong Canadian footprint and global infrastructure to reduce latency and improve security for Canadians accessing governmental websites and online services.
- As part of a strategic expansion, Canovate Group (Booth 208) has partnered with Canovate Inc. to establish an exclusive partner office in Toronto and introduce the wide range of Fiber Optics & Data Center products in the Canadian market. Canovate’s flagship product “Micro Data Center” will achieve CSA Certification in November 2014.
- Cisco (Booth 701) continues to reinvent the next generation workplace with new tools that redefine how colleagues work, interact and increase productivity. Demonstrations will include the latest tools and applications for simplified collaboration, including HD video conferencing, instant messaging and unified communications.
- CogniVue (Booth 619, K05) will present its RearVue camera system, a BCIP “pre-qualified innovation” ready for vehicle fleet deployment. Our single small smart RearVue camera detects distance to objects which prevents injury and damage during vehicle reversing manoeuvers, and also reduces fleet expenses and operating costs.
- Commissionaires (Booth 414) announces the implementation of a digital fingerprinting software upgrade to all user stations across Canada. Designed and implemented by 3M, the software’s enhanced features enable a more accurate, efficient and reliable transaction while significantly decreasing input time.
- CompuCom (Booth L02), positioned by Gartner Inc. in the “Leaders” quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for End User Outsourcing Services, will be showcasing device management and lifecycle solutions that support Shared Service Canada’s Workplace Technology Device (WTD). Visit us to learn how CompuCom can help departments get WTD-ready.
- Connex (Booth 220) introduces Hosted Avaya Solutions fully managed cloud based technology. Powered by the industry leaders; Avaya, VMWare and EMC, we can provide Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), Contact Centre as a Service (CCaaS) and Videoconferencing as a Service (VaaS).
- Crestron (Booth 301) is demonstrating its DigitalMedia 4K products at GTEC, rounding out the AV industry’s first and only end-to-end 4K-certified distribution system. Today, video is all about 4K and streaming. With DM you can distribute point-to-point, uncompressed HD video over copper or fiber and stream, all in the same matrix frame.
- CTE Solutions (Booth 627) is now delivering Authorized VMware training in our Ottawa and Toronto facilities as well as anywhere with our live virtual platform – VIBE. This move was centred around government and private client demand for certified VMware training with more and more organizations move to virtualized environments.
- DKC Associates (Booth 424) will showcase the FARGO® HDP8500LE Card Printer/Encoder system, with Laser Engraving module. Live demonstrations will show just how our Government of Canada ID Card can become truly ‘Secure’, incorporating overt/covert/forensic security features, including distinct Laser elements, among others we will exhibit and exemplify.
- DLS Technology Corporation (DLS) (Booth 614), the National Capital’s leading IT systems integration service provider of Cloud and Secure Virtualization Solutions, will demonstrate Secure Enterprise Mobility Management and Endpoint Security Solutions (vKey) to address today’s enterprise security vulnerabilities.
- The Document Imaging Solutions Centre (Booth 315) at PWGSC recently introduced two new services – digitizing archival and secret level documents to our existing set of four services (core, basic, enhanced and comprehensive). You can learn more about our services at: http://www.gcpedia.gc.ca/wiki/Imaging_Solutions or http://publiservice.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/rg/txt/id-di-eng.html
- Eclipsys Solutions (Booth 507), the Canadian Platinum Oracle Partner is introducing its “in-a-box” solutions on the ODA platform this year – a reliable turnkey solution for deployment of Java Enterprise applications and especially relevant to educational institutions running the Banner ERP application. Other in-a-box solutions include: Oracle WebCenter, IDM, SOA and more.
- ExitCertified (Booth 325) is pleased to announce the availability of the newest Cloudera courses for Apache Spark and Building Big Data Applicatons. Drop by our booth and meet our Education Consultants who can help design training paths for both individuals and groups, public and private classes, for SAP, RedHat, Cloudera and more.
- FormVerse, Inc. (Booth 519), announces a new release of its patented technology for automating workflows inside of email. No other company has taken this approach. Under a grant from the Build Canada Innovation Program, Government Agencies are testing this exciting technology in an effort to increase productivity/efficiency and reduce costs.
- IBM (Booth 607) will showcase its enterprise Cloud marketplace, a single online destination for cloud innovation which features a full suite of “IBM-as-a-Service” capabilities including SaaS applications for business users, IBM’s Bluemix platform for developers, as well as IBM’s new and powerful SoftLayer infrastructure offering—now available in Canada.
- Interactive Audio Visual (Booth 812) will exhibit industry leading collaboration solutions geared to support and enhance the WorkPlace 2.0 initiative. They will help you to meet, conference, share or collaborate easily and reliably in an effective efficient environment. Solutions shown are available using our federal government Regional Master Standing Offers.
- Koneka (Booth K06) will be showcasing their proposal management solution SmartProposition before its commercial release in early November. They will also be available to discuss their document automation tools built for clients like the Canadian Immigrant Integration Program that increase Government productivity automating documents with reusable content.
- TalentBin by Monster (Booth 418) harnesses the vast amount of professionally relevant info people share across the social web, and assembles an evergreen, searchable database of rich candidate profiles. This database, now coupled with a suite of state-of-the-art recruiter efficiency workflow tools, helps recruiters engage in high-impact outreach and manage candidate pipelines.
- Motion Computing (Booth 707) announces the 1.9 pound Motion® CL920 Rugged 10.1″ Tablet PC with a 69% faster Windows®-based processor, enhanced connectivity (4G LTE), and high durability: MIL-STD-810G and IP52 tested, internal magnesium frame and Corning® Gorilla® Glass3. Target markets include Government, Public Safety, service contractors, manufacturing and retail distribution.
- Come visit NIKSUN (Booth 807) where we will be demonstrating our latest release, NIKSUN Alpine 4.5. Designed to analyze, index and store petabytes of data captured at speeds through 100Gbps, NIKSUN Alpine 4.5 extracts the intelligence to manage your business needs.
- Norconex (Booth 908) Content Analytics was developed to enable large organizations to quickly produce reports about their content. In preparation for GCDocs or SharePoint migrations, large organizations often have no way to know what content should and should not be migrated. Norconex Content Analytics can make the content discovery process seamless.
- Onix Networking (Booth 1102) will be showcasing two new products. The Onix Search Console enables business users of the Google Search Appliance to constantly improve the search process and results. Equidox™ is an automated solution that simplifies the process of discovering, converting, and publishing PDF documents to WCAG 2.0 compliant HTML.
- OpenPlus.ca (Booth 318) is proud to launch DrupalWxT.org, showcasing the Drupal Web Experience Toolkit Platform. The Drupal WxT Platform provides Federal, Provincial and Municipal governments with a web experience management system that meets multilingual, accessibility, and interoperability requirements for public web properties, web renewal, online services, myAccount, intranets, digital workplaces and eGovernment.
- Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) presents the Transformation of Pay Administration (TPA) Initiative (Booth 612). Come and see how we are transforming the Government of Canada’s pay system. We’ll be showcasing Phoenix, a modern, sustainable and cost-effective pay system that will replace the Government’s 40+ year-old system.
- PureLogic IT Solutions (Booth 810) brings back Project NOMAD, our pre-configured, pre-tested Mobile Business Solution. Test the integration and compatibility of new hardware and software within your data centre environment – simply by plugging it into the wall.
- QualiWare (Booth 215) will be demonstrating the latest release of QualiWare Integration Server (V6) including new capability modeling features. DND will be presenting QualiWare based EA solutions developed and implemented by the department. Visit us to understand how you can realize the benefits of Enterprise Architecture in a Government of Canada context.
- Rittal (Booth 406) is expanding its wide range of IT safety enclosures through the addition of the new Micro Data Centre. The new, easy-to-assemble, low-cost solution weighing less than 500 kg provides ideal fundamental protection against physical threats such as fire, water and unauthorized access, as well as dust and fumes.
- SOMOS Group (booth 813) and parent company SEB announce our partnership with SecureKey Technologies, PNMsoft, and ADX Studios to strengthen our new Microsoft Dynamics CRM solutions offering. The partnerships provide a more complete solution when integrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Visit us to discover how Dynamics CRM can work for you.
- Storageflex (Booth 104) and Solarflare provide software and 10/40Gb Ethernet server adapters for use in networks in a range of applications, including cloud/virtualization, high-performance computing, content delivery and storage. In addition, Storageflex will showcase 3945N-CR scale out storage solutions for cloud service providers and enterprises that are experiencing rapid, unpredictable data growth.
- TELUS Security Solutions (Booth 820) will showcase their Intelligent Analysis (IA) solution. Through enhanced monitoring of critical assets, advanced anomaly detection, investigation of suspicious activity and remediation assistance, external threat Intelligence and detailed monthly reports and alert notifications, IA delivers visibility, understanding and control of your present and emerging threats.
- TITUS (Booth 709) introduces TITUS Classification for Mobile, a secure, separate container for business email and documents. The intuitive interface provides direct access to corporate email, SharePoint libraries and common file sharing services. Administrators are able to leverage classifications to enable fine-grained control over a user’s ability to email, print, copy files on mobile devices.
Additionally, GTEC will present a thought-provoking keynote and conference program around the new challenges and opportunities in government IT, focusing specifically on technology’s role in responding to ever-demanding citizen expectations. GTEC also hosts the coveted Distinction Awards and Gala, which recognizes excellence in public service information technology and information management in Canada.
Register for GTEC: www.gtec.ca/registration