Intermap’s GeoPro Server™ Software Application Introduced into the Geospatial Market Change Language
DENVER, June 27, 2014 – Intermap Technologies (TSX:IMP), (ITMSF:BB), a leading provider of location-based solutions, today announced the commercial availability of GeoPro Server, a server purpose-built for turning big data into smart decisions. GeoPro Server allows users (from novice, to a geospatial expert) to turn disparate geospatial data into simple to use information. The application can provide enterprises and governments with easy access to all of their geospatial and non-geospatial data via a web service or web portal without regard to the data’s source or original file format. GeoPro Server offers a multi-touch display that allows users to control terabytes of data from a tablet or laptop.
Geospatial World reported in September 2013 that the combined software revenues of select geospatial companies added to $3.2 billion in 2012.
GeoPro Server can rapidly build, manage, and integrate web services and web portals for a multitude of different file types from the world’s leading software vendors. GeoPro Server provides an intuitive environment suitable for all geospatial skill levels, which results in faster decision making for:
- National and regional spatial data agencies
- Defense and national security organizations
- Federal, state and local disaster planning organizations
- Oil and gas exploration companies
- Water management firms
- Enterprises with multiple locations
"Traditional GIS is designed for expert users. An organization must hire one or more GIS experts that drive software, act as gatekeepers, and provide answers as time permits," says Todd Oseth, president and CEO of Intermap Technologies. "GeoPro Server is an advanced server platform that provides attributes not found in other geospatial server’s on the market today. As the centerpiece of the Orion Platform, GeoPro Server was built for everyone to use."
Oseth continued, "Traditional geospatial servers are expensive, have long installation periods, and are designed for GIS users. Not anymore. GeoPro Server installs quickly and presents data in a manner that allows powerful analytics to be performed by any organization. Think about the power that GeoPro Server can give a soldier in the field, an officer in a disaster zone, an employee searching for oil and gas, and citizens looking for the safest evacuation route. GeoPro Server was built with these customers in mind."
GeoPro Server provides four major benefits:
- Robust Administration Tools. Policy-based log-in and control features enable administrators to support as many users as desired and set the content, data and applications access to match the security needs of their organization.
- Application and Web Services Focused. Provide immediate Web Services that support applications. These applications include access to Intermap’s 3DBI® (3-dimensional business intelligence) applications, user developed applications, and user created websites and web portals.
- Turns Data Into Answers. Delivers the ability to answer questions and normalize information by easily connecting hundreds of geospatial and other data formats. Connected datasets both real-time and static are integrated to produce a single normalized data stream.
- Elevation Data Access. In addition to loading data from hundreds of file types, users can also install data from Intermap’s worldwide NEXTMap® database or select one of Intermap’s proprietary analytic models, such as WorldFlood™, which forecasts uniform flood coverage anywhere in the world.
Early feedback from GeoPro demo users has been positive, highlighting the smooth integration of multiple data types into a single viewing format with a simple interface providing ease-of-use for non-geospatial users.
GeoPro Server is available today as a dedicated server or via a monthly Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) subscription. For more information please contact Mike Alwais, Intermap GeoPro Product Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Intermap Technologies
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado – Intermap (www.intermap.com) is an industry leader in geospatial solutions on demand with its secure, cloud based Orion Platform™. Through its powerful suite of 3DBI® applications and proprietary development of contiguous databases that fuse volumes of geospatial data into a single source, the Orion Platform is able to provide location-based solutions for customers in diverse markets around the world. For more information please visit www.intermap.com