Speakers to Include British Adventurer, Mountain Climber, Rescue Coordination Center Officer and Next-Generation Distress Beacon Developer
May 21, 2014 – McMurdo Group, a global leader in end-to-end search and rescue (SAR) and maritime domain awareness (MDA) solutions, today announced that it will host the final webinar in its three-part Search and Rescue (SAR) thought leadership series – “The Real World of Search and Rescue." The webinar will feature four prominent speakers including two survivors whose emergency distress beacons were critical to their rescue efforts:
· British adventurer Sarah Outen will share how she was rescued when Tropical Storm Mawar interrupted her attempt to row across the North Pacific Ocean from Japan to Canada
· Climbing guide Scott Blackford Scheele will detail his life-endangering situation while trying to scale the unclimbed Anidesha Chuli (White Wave) mountain in the Nepali Himalaya
· Greg Johnston, Senior Search and Rescue Officer for the Rescue Coordination Center New Zealand, will provide life-saving examples from a rescue operator perspective
· Neil Jordan, McMurdo Group R&D Engineering Manager, will share several of the emerging innovations in the next-generation distress beacon development
“The Real World of Search and Rescue”
· Thursday, May, 29, 2014, 11:00 a.m. EDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT / 3:00 p.m. GMT
· The last of McMurdo Group’s three-part series on Search and Rescue will present real-life rescue stories that demonstrate the many ways that the COSPAS-SARSAT satellite-based SAR system saves lives. Speakers will share their rescue stories and life-saving strategies while providing insight into the future of SAR products and technologies.
For the latest details on the series or to register for the webinar, visit https://www.brighttalk.com/
About McMurdo Group
McMurdo Group is a global leader in search and rescue and maritime domain awareness solutions. A division of Orolia (NYSE Alternext Paris – FR0010501015 – ALORO), McMurdo Group brings together 140 combined years of experience by consolidating proven Boatracs, Kannad, McMurdo and Techno-Sciences, Inc. brands into the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of life-saving and tracking technologies that save time, costs and lives. Airbus, Boeing, the British Royal Navy, the U.S. Coast Guard, NASA and others are among the hundreds of aviation, maritime, government and military customers around the world using McMurdo Group distress beacons, satellite connectivity infrastructure, monitoring/positioning software and emergency response management solutions. Established in January 2014, McMurdo Group is based in Sophia Antipolis, France and has additional offices in France (Guidel), the U.S. (San Diego, Washington D.C.) and the U.K. (Portsmouth).