March 31, 2014 — Bellevue, WA — As our homes, our cars, and the things around us are getting smarter, manufacturers of embedded systems and smart devices need to build solutions for which constant data access and interoperability is important. ITTIA DB SQL offers developers of Android applications new capabilities to discover nearby data from other devices such as mobile tablets, notebooks, and embedded systems. New data is automatically and efficiently transferred upon discovery, so that Android applications can monitor and control nearby systems.
The shift from traditional business intelligence to data discovery has encouraged developers for embedded systems and mobile devices to provide consumers with new means to discover and manage data. ITTIA DB SQL is a software library used by Android application developers to store large quantities of data for efficient retrieval, replication, and distribution to other systems and devices. With a footprint suitable for embedded systems, ITTIA DB SQL greatly simplifies interoperability among Android devices. As a result, devices can distribute locally-stored data whenever a wireless connection is detected.
As the amount of data stored in any system – whether for the healthcare, industrial automation, or consumer electronic sector – escalates rapidly, it necessitates a database to provide application end-users reliable access to sensitive information, at any time. ITTIA DB SQL fuels Android applications by:
- using replication to share information among redundant resources and improve reliability, fault-tolerance, or accessibility;
- recording changes to the database – row insert, update, and delete – as replication events;
- using the row-level locking technique with isolation levels to automatically track rows that are read or modified in each active transaction;
- providing serializable isolation, in which locking prevents all possible conflicts;
- adhering to the ACID (atomicity, consistency, isolation, and durability) properties;
- providing read-one write-all database access, so any query on replicated data will yield the same result regardless of where it is executed;
- ensuring that Android embedded devices can share data among applications without exposing full access to the underlying database;
- supporting robust date and time storage and arithmetic through SQL standard time intervals and the EXTRACT keyword.
Incorporating a database into a development project requires a dedicated database company to communicate with each individual developer and add value to current and future update releases. ITTIA DB SQL’s performance, rich feature set, reliable technical support, and customer-influenced update schedule are among the many reasons to select it for Android applications. ITTIA DB SQL is a cross-platform leading-edge embedded database for Android, Linux, Windows, QNX, ThreadX, VxWorks, Nucleus, and generic ARM targets without an operating system.