Unified File Formats and Multiple Solvers Increase Information Mobility Across Bentley’s Sewer and Storm Software, Enhancing the Efficiency of Sewer and Stormwater Modeling Teams
Exton, Pa., U.S.A. – Nov. 29, 2012 – Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, today announced that the forthcoming SewerCAD, SewerGEMS, StormCAD, and CivilStorm V8i (SELECTseries 3) releases will have a unified file format. As a result, users of each of these software products can now directly open models created in any one of the other three, eliminating the need to import one type of file into another. To support this streamlined workflow, the same hydraulic element types are now available in all four products. Together, these enhancements increase information mobility across the Bentley portfolio of sewer and stormwater products, reducing the risk of data loss and thus increasing not only users’ return on data but also the quality of some of their most complex projects.
- The SewerCAD and StormCAD solvers are now included in SewerGEMS, making SewerGEMS a full superset of SewerCAD, StormCAD, and CivilStorm. This enables the automated design of sanitary and storm sewers in SewerGEMS.
- The StormCAD solver is now also included in CivilStorm, making CivilStorm a superset of StormCAD. This enables the automated design of storm sewers in CivilStorm.
- All four products can now publish i-models (containers for the open exchange of infrastructure information) in 2D or 3D.
- Low-impact development controls can now be analyzed in SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, and CivilStorm.
- Culvert inlet control calculations are also available in StormCAD and SewerCAD (in addition to SewerGEMS, CivilStorm, and PondPack).
- HEC-22 inlet capture efficiency calculations are automatically performed when using the SWMM solver in SewerGEMS and CivilStorm.
- Pond outlet structure calculations are now available in StormCAD and SewerCAD (in addition to CivilStorm, PondPack, and SewerGEMS).
- Support for catchment elements is now available in SewerCAD (in addition to CivilStorm, StormCAD, PondPack, and SewerGEMS).
- Support for v-shaped and parabolic gutters is now available in SewerGEMS, CivilStorm, and StormCAD.
- Support for pressure elements, including pumps, is now available in StormCAD (in addition to SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, and CivilStorm).
- Node headloss calculations in accordance with HEC-22 3rd Edition are now available in SewerGEMS, CivilStorm, and StormCAD.
- The input and results fields are automatically filtered according to the solver used.
- North America – December 4, 2012, 11:30 a.m. (US Eastern Time), click here.
- Europe, Middle East, and India – December 11, 2012, 11:00 a.m. (Central European Time), click here.
Bentley is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure. Bentley Systems applies information mobility to improve asset performance by leveraging information modeling through integrated projects for intelligent infrastructure. Its solutions encompass the MicroStation platform for infrastructure design and modeling, the ProjectWise platform for infrastructure project team collaboration and work sharing, and the AssetWise platform for infrastructure asset operations – all supporting a broad portfolio of interoperable applications and complemented by worldwide professional services. Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in 50 countries, more than $500 million in annual revenues, and since 2003 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions. Additional information about Bentley is available at www.bentley.com and in Bentley’s annual report. For Bentley news as it happens, subscribe to an RSS feed of Bentley press releases and news alerts. To view a searchable collection of innovative infrastructure projects from the annual Be Inspired Awards, access Bentley’s Year in Infrastructure publications. To access a professional networking site that enables members of the infrastructure community to connect, communicate, and learn from each other, visit Be Communities. To download the Bentley Infrastructure 500 Top Owners ranking, a unique global compendium of the top public- and private-sector owners of infrastructure based on the value of their cumulative infrastructure investments, visit www.bentley.com/500.