Independent marine data management and publishing specialist, OceanWise Ltd, has established off-the-shelf marine mapping datasets that meet the needs of the most demanding applications. These datasets include Raster Charts, Marine Themes and the recently released Marine Themes DEM. All are available on-line for immediate download from established digital mapping providers, emapsite.com and FIND Mapping. Offering exceptional value, OceanWise mapping and data management products are being used widely across central and local Government, NGOs and the commercial sector.
OceanWise has now added scale independent, seamless feature layers to its acclaimed vector dataset, Marine Themes. These feature layers are based on the appropriate scale of Electronic Navigational Charts (ENC) or source datasets available and include data on Administrative and Management Units, Industrial Facilities and Transport. The Wrecks and Obstructions Theme has been scale independent for some time, while the Elevation Theme will continue to be available as three scale bands to facilitate enhanced performance in GIS and Web GIS due their complexity.
OceanWise Marine Themes Feature Layers offer the following key advantages:
1) Marine data comprising the most comprehensive and authoritative sources available
2) Commonly required reference datasets categorized in easy to use themes
3) Scale independence ensures comprehensive data is available as a single layer
4) Advanced de-confliction maximises feature continuity (i.e. no fragmented geometry)
5) Simplified feature attribution using descriptive terms aids searching and usage
6) Symbology and other supporting information reduce GIS project start up times
7) Marine Themes Features combine with Marine Themes DEM to provide the most comprehensive and advance marine mapping data available for GIS and Web GIS.
OceanWise and its distributors are able to combine Marine Themes datasets with those of other data agencies to provide a complete marine geospatial data package. Projects are charged by value of the service and not by applying excessive product and licence fees.
Please contact OceanWise on-line distributors – FIND Mapping and emapsite.com – for further details and a quotation.
OceanWise Ltd is an independent company specialising in all aspects of marine environmental data acquisition, data and knowledge management and GIS. OceanWise personnel have been pioneering the development of marine data products for over 12 years, first at Metoc then at SeaZone, and at the UK Hydrographic Office. This experience has culminated in the design and development of the advanced Marine Themes vector and modelled datasets. In addition to Digital Marine Mapping, OceanWise offers:
• Environmental Data Management and Publishing (Ocean Database and Port-Log.net)
• GIS and Marine Data Acquisition, Management and Dissemination Advice and Training
• Sector Specific Productivity Tools (Maritime Toolbar and Workflow Extensions)
For more information on how OceanWise can improve your environmental and spatial data management capacity and capabilities, please contact Mr John Pepper, Marketing Director, on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the OceanWise website at www.oceanwise.eu.
Figure – OceanWise Seamless Feature Layers Overlaying Marine Themes DEM