Des Plaines, IL (August 15, 2012) – URISA, The Association for GIS Professionals, is pleased to announce the results of its 2012 Board of Directors’ Election. Allen Ibaugh will become President-Elect of the association and Doug Adams, Danielle Ayan and Claudia Paskauskas will begin their terms as members of the Board of Directors, at the close of GIS-Pro 2012: URISA’s 50th Annual Conference in Portland, Oregon, September 30-October 4, 2012.
Allen Ibaugh, AICP, GISP is the CEO of Data Transfer Solutions in Orlando, Florida. He remarked: “I’d like to thank the URISA Board, Committees, and the Membership for selecting me as President-Elect. I’d also like to thank Carl Anderson who was on the ballot with me. It has been a pleasure running against a friend and fellow long-time URISA activist! I am sure we will work together on many URISA Committees in the near future. This is an exciting time for URISA. Educational programs, including the URISA Leadership Academy, are showing great success and the envisioned GIS Management Institute will provide valuable professional development opportunities in the future. I will strive to strengthen these opportunities as well as provide a continued forum for GIS networking and information to government, academia and the private sector. Thanks again everyone!”
Three new directors were elected by the URISA membership to serve a three-year term on the URISA Board, also beginning in October. The three new Board members are:
· Douglas M. Adams, GISP, ITIL – Baltimore County, Maryland
· Danielle Ayan, GISP – Georgia Tech Research Institute – Atlanta, Georgia
· Claudia Paskauskas, GISP – East Central Florida Regional Planning Council, Altamonte Springs, Florida
At the close of GIS-Pro 2012 in Portland, the terms of service for these Board members will conclude:
· Cy Smith, GISP (Immediate Past President) – State of Oregon
· Carl Anderson, GISP – Spatial Focus, Inc., Sarasota, FL
· David DiBiase, GISP, CMS – Esri, Redlands, CA
· Twyla McDermott, GISP – City of Charlotte, NC
We thank them all, in advance, for their dedication and service to URISA and anticipate many more years of continued involvement.
Mark Your Calendar: