Des Plaines, IL (August 27, 2012) – URISA is looking forward to its Sixth Caribbean GIS Conference taking place during the week of November 12, 2012 in Montego Bay, Jamaica. GIS professionals from across the region are taking advantage of early registration discounted rates which are only available through Monday, September 10.
The 2012 event is themed "Spatial Technologies – Critical Thinking for Critical Times" and the objectives of URISA’s Caribbean GIS Conference include:
· To inform broad cross-section of Caribbean users about GIS technology and applications
· To share experiences regarding GIS implementation and management issues
· To establish new relationships with the vendor/consultant community
· To provide workshops and sessions that are application driven, and are relevant to the Caribbean community of GIS users
· To foster a Caribbean GIS network
· To assess the state of readiness of national and regional Spatial Data Infrastructures
Previous conferences have taken place in Jamaica (2001), Barbados (2004), the Bahamas (2006), the Cayman Islands (2008) and Trinidad and Tobago (2010).
Preconference training and workshops, along with dozens of educational sessions covering important topics including disaster risk assessment and response, land management, environmental modeling and much more, make this a not-to-be-missed educational experience for GIS professionals in the Caribbean. For complete conference details, including sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, visit http://www.urisa.org/carib2012.
Mark Your Calendar: