Mapocosm has just released Map Explorer, a mobile app for exploring custom maps. Using Google My Places or other tools that generate KML files, users generate custom maps that can be shared with Map Explorer, including associated descriptions, photos, and links. A full set of location-based services is integrated into the map browsing experience. Interested to have your custom maps published as a mobile app?
About MapExplorer R. 1.1
Map Explorer is a mobile app for exploring and sharing custom maps, published by Mapocosm. While the Google "Maps" mobile app lets you see the features that Google has defined, Map Explorer lets you see all of the maps that others have defined – even your own maps!
- Search various websites for interesting maps, download to your mobile device, and start exploring!
- Enjoy a fast, interactive native app experience
- Many location-based services
- Explore map details and multimedia content
- Create your own mobile map content with Google Maps (My Places), Picasa Web, and other geographic websites
- Map Explorer accepts maps represented as KML files
- Free version has most features enabled
The App Factory project is raising funds on Kickstarter – you can pledge now and help make it happen!