The Telecom Council of Silicon Valley is currently building its agenda for its upcoming meeting on Big Data on May 23rd in the Silicon Valley.
Big Data refers to the growing data industry sector built around capturing, storing, processing, analytics, and extracting value from massive databases of mixed and often unstructured data. This is data that exceeds the ability of most existing database systems to handle. It is the science around the proverbial needle in the haystack. This meeting will address how service providers can, and can’t, monetize their data.
- Draft Agenda online here.
- Meeting Host: TBD (feel free to reply to this email if you are interested in hosting this topic)
- Marketing: promotion of speakers in 50+ online newsletters, calendars, social networks, and directly to 15,000+ Telecom Council subscribers
- Participants: 100+ wireless executives including +10% carriers. Average attendance statistics here.
Join 80+ professionals from the telecom industry for a ½ day, executive-format, meeting to discuss some of the important issues around “Big Data.” This new sector emerging from what we used to call “data mining” is a mix of capturing, storing, processing, analyzing, and extracting value from massive databases of mixed and often unstructured data – tasks that exceed the ability of most existing database systems to handle. This meeting will bring together the tools, devices, sensors, storage, processing, and visualization options for extracting money from massive amounts of data. Among presentations from major players, we will also introduce participants to many new startups working in the Big Data segment.
This Telecom Council meeting is free to speakers, Telecom Council member representatives, open to non-members for a $200, and closed to the media.
- Speakers: To apply to speak, please use our online speaker application.
- Recommendations: To recommend a person or company who should be included on this agenda, please reply to this email.
- Rapid Fires: A handful of rapid fire opportunities are available to introduce new products or companies. This gives you 5 minutes on stage to talk and demo. Rapid Fire registration costs $200 for non-members but is free for members.
- Marketing: If this topic is in your market, and you want to learn more about possible marketing opportunities associated with the meeting, please use this form.