I think we can all agree that we live in challenging economic times to say the least! As GIS professionals we are subject to the same budget cutbacks, restrictions, and decreased revenue sources as everyone else. Read on for a look at that state of the GIS Professionals’ Salary in these findings from 2011 – 2011 Salary Survey of GIS Professionals and How We Stack Up Against Others in Our Occupation. Findings look at the following and more:
- Am I being compensated fairly for my skill set, level of experience, education, years of experience, certification, and geographic location?
- What kind of compensation can I expect to earn by gaining various GIS skills and education?
- I’m considering taking a position in another part of the country. How does the cost of living compare?
- What can I expect to earn in an entry-level position
- What are the various GIS positions and how are they compensated
- What is the compensation difference between public and private sector employment