MIT/Stanford Venture Lab and Best Selling Mobile Author Converge in South Sweden for X Media Lab: ‘Location Based Services’ Conference – Conference Day: 21st January, 2011, Malmö, Sweden
X Media Lab today announced the line-up of International Speakers for X Media Lab Sweden: ‘Location Based Services’, a one-day summit exploring the latest media evolutions with some of the world’s most successful digital visionaries from China, India, the US, the UK, Australia and Europe.
X Media Lab: ‘Location Based Services’ brings together digital media powerbrokers to South Sweden, including best selling author and international expert on the Nordic and Asian Mobile Industries, Mr. Tomi Ahonen and Chair Emeritus of the MIT/Stanford Venture Lab, Ms. Gigi Wang.
The X Media Lab: ‘Location Based Services’ Conference Day focuses on the latest frontier of digital media – the physical world, exploring the major trends and industry developments in LBS, including: business models and revenue strategies; interaction and interfaces; opportunities, technologies, best practices and success stories from around the world.
Confirmed International Mentors & Speakers:
· Tomi Ahonen – International Expert on Nordic and Asian Mobile Industries (Hong Kong)
· Gigi Wang – Chair Emeritus of the MIT/Stanford Venture Lab (San Francisco)
· Noah Falstein – Father of “Serious Games”; Games and Location Based Gaming (San Francisco)
· Dale Herigstad – World leading interaction and interface designer and 4 times Emmy Award winner (London/LA)
· Ivo van Barneveld – Manager Layar Partner Network (Amsterdam)
· Gabrielle Gresta – Owner, Founder & Deputy Chairman, Digital Magics Group (Milan)
· Vishal Gondal – Founder and CEO, Indiagames (Mumbai)
· Alvin Wang Graylin – Founder and CEO mInfo, China’s leading mobile search service (Shanghai)
· Johan P Bång – CEO, Future Position X (Sweden)
· Chris Deering – Former President of Sony Computer Entertainment – Europe (London)
· Paris Buttfield-Addison – Co-founder, Secret Lab (Tasmania)
· Orvar Säfström – Sweden’s most well known and sought after game journalist, lecturer and debator (Malmö)
· Kajsa Lundfall – CEO, Lociloci (Stockholm)
· Annika Waerne – Co-director, Mobile Life Centre (Stockholm)
According to Nordic Game Program’s Business Development Director, Sten Selander, “X Media Lab Sweden will bring together the specialists who will undoubtedly create and deliver future Location Based Services solutions to the games and interactive industries.”
“The Conference Day provides the opportunity for South Sweden’s digital media professionals and businesses to meet with the world’s LBS digital media mavens and grasp and implement cutting-edge concepts that lead to commercial breakthroughs.” , explains Megan Elliott, X Media Lab Director.
“it’s a not-to-be-missed opportunity for entrepreneurs and creative professionals looking to advance their knowledge and tap into the incredible wisdom of world-class professionals who are at the forefront of the world’s digital and media industries,” said Elliott.
X Media Lab Sweden: “Location Based Services” consists of two parts: the Conference Day on 21st January (General Admission) for which just 250 places are available; followed by the Lab (22nd – 23rd January) during which selected digital media businesses and project teams work one-on-one with the International Speakers – gaining high-level personal consultation and entering into an impeccable international network.
Tickets can be bought from the X Media Lab website: www.xmedialab.com