Experience the Future of Connected Driving at CES with Microsoft, Esri, NXP, IAV, Cubic Telecom, and Swiss Re
Redlands, California—January 9, 2017—Esri, the global leader in spatial analytics technology, announced its participation at the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Esri joins Microsoft’s connected car showcase alongside IAV, NXP, Cubic Telecom, and Swiss Re.
CES is a global consumer electronics trade show that draws more than 165,000 people to Las Vegas every January.
The future of driving is connected and personalized. Attendees visiting the showcase will get a firsthand look at the ways that artificial intelligence and wireless communications enable personalized in-car experiences, how cars securely talk to other cars, and how automobiles monitor what is happening in their surroundings to improve safety.
WHO: Frits van der Schaff, Head of Automotive, Esri
WHAT: At the trade show
- Microsoft staff will showcase future scenarios where artificial intelligence bots can help improve driver safety, engagement, and integration with calendars and personal preferences.
- Esri staff will discuss how mapping and spatial analytics technology (which talks to Microsoft’s Cortana) provides geospatial context to increase safety and improve the overall driver experience.
- Cubic Telecom staff will detail full LTE connectivity and service-based payment models.
- IAV staff will showcase highly automated driving technology.
- NXP staff will talk about how ensuring secure wireless communication between vehicles (V2X) and between vehicles and infrastructure (V2I) improves road safety and traffic flow (in cooperation with Savari and Delphi).
- Swiss Re staff will discuss smart insurance models, which simulate personalized, flexible insurance coverage using Microsoft Azure technology to offer future connected mobility solutions.
WHERE: Booth NP-2, Gold Lot, Las Vegas Convention Center North Plaza—International Consumer Electronics Show
WHEN: January 4–8, 2017, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
# # #
Since 1969, Esri has been giving customers around the world the power to think and plan geographically. The market leader in GIS, Esri software is used in more than 350,000 organizations worldwide including each of the 200 largest cities in the United States, most national governments, more than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies, and more than 7,000 colleges and universities. Esri applications, running on more than one million desktops and thousands of Web and enterprise servers, provide the backbone for the world’s mapping and spatial analysis. Esri is the only vendor that provides complete technical solutions for desktop, mobile, server, and Internet platforms. Visit us at www.esri.com.
Esri, the Esri globe logo, GIS by Esri, ArcGIS, www.esri.com, and @esri.com are trademarks, registered trademarks, or service marks of Esri in the United States, the European Community, or certain other jurisdictions. Other companies and products mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective trademark owners.