RECRUITERS Post your GeoJob Ad Today
StartClass recently set out to find the 25 best colleges for skiers and snowboarders in America.
They looked at various rankings from different publications — including Teton Gravity Research and Freeskier — to find the 25 most popular school selections.
This from StartClass…
We looked at various rankings from different publications — including Teton Gravity Research and Freeskier — to find the 25 most popular school selections. We then compiled a variety of data to go along with each listing, including:
- The distance from campus to a nearby or well-known ski resort
- Whether the school is a member of the United States Collegiate Ski and Snowboard Association
- The average amount of snowfall the ski resort receives each year
- The distance between the summit and base of the tallest mountain at the ski resort
- The total area of skiable acres within the boundaries of the ski resort
The schools on the list were selected based on their popularity with skiers and snowboarders, their proximity to mountains and ski resorts, and whether they have well-known ski teams. Because academics always come first, the colleges are ranked according to their Smart Rating. The Smart Rating scores each college on a 0-100 scale in order to rate the overall quality and is determined based on the following factors: financial affordability, career readiness, admissions selectivity, expert opinion and academic excellence.