RECRUITERS Post your GeoJob Ad Today
MapQuest’s latest launches include a reimagined mobile Web and desktop experience, a redesigned mobile application integrating Uber and car2go* and a new brand featuring a fresh brand position
MapQuest (www.mapquest.com), a pioneer in digital mapping, launched the updated mapquest.com for mobile Web and desktop and an updated set of mobile applications, all of which provide access to features and tools to enhance and simplify the lives of their users. In addition, the company launched a new brand, anchored by a bold new logo and interface design that reflects its inventive nature, responsive legacy and human approach.
“For far too long, we have been asked does MapQuest still exist?,” said Brian McMahon, General Manager of MapQuest. “We have been here all along, with more than 42 million users who have continued to trust and value our products for many years. But, for those who had forgotten about us, we’ve built a great new experience and we are asking them to come back and #MapQuestIt, again,” said McMahon.
The updated MapQuest.com simplifies the user interface by giving users the ability to make the experience their own. New and updated features include:
- An improved user experience incorporating popular enhancement requests received directly from users, including larger map real estate
- Redesigned and updated maps, rebuilt from the ground up to be faster, more intuitive and responsive, with improved search engine capabilities and enhanced routing performance
- A new map stack and updated map styling from Mapbox helping to simplify the experience for users
- Map styling highlighting the most distinguishable landmarks with customized colors and more granular map data
- Improvements to existing Layers functionality allowing users to see local businesses and points of interest around them and easily add them to their route. Users can interact even further, like browse menus and reviews, make reservations and order food through Yelp, OpenTable and GrubHub, and even book nearby hotels directly from the app
- Enhancements to our Find Places feature helping users easily locate local businesses in their area, giving them the option to not only search by category but also get directions, business and contact information, without having to leave the experience
- Agility of the platform allows for the most up-to-date information, adjusting to traffic patterns and construction
- Optimized and efficient multi-stop route selection saving both time and money
- Accurate expected time of arrival and bookmarking of travelers’ favorite destinations.
In addition, the updated MapQuest application now includes Compare, a new tool that allows users to view multiple modes of transportation and sort results based on estimated time and cost without having to reference multiple apps. Key features include:
- Integration nationwide with Uber and car2go
- Through integration with the Uber app, users can easily see available services, pricing, estimated time of arrival and wait times
- Users can find and book the nearest available car2go
- Public transit (train, bus and other modes of transportation, depending on location) information is currently available in select cities** with new cities coming soon
- Users can see walking time to a destination and estimated calories burned
- Local weather conditions are displayed so users can plan the best mode of transportation
- Responsive assistance: Access to 24/7 membership roadside assistance directly in the app.
“I tried out the new driving directions to locate a destination…I really like the new design – easy and efficient to use,” said Claudia M., a MapQuest user from Kailua, HI. “The data is updated and locates addresses quickly and is highly informational with clues to upcoming streets, traffic flow, etc. I think you have done a fab job improving the site.”
To download the app, click here or download directly from the Apple App Store, Google Play or the Amazon Appstore for Android. To access the desktop or mobile web version of the website, visit www.MapQuest.com. To learn more about MapQuest’s brand promise and to download assets, visit hello.mapquest.com.
Share This: .@MapQuest integrates @uber @car2go into new interface & experience. It’s time to #MapQuestIt, again. #ThisWayToAmazing http://bit.ly/1NtVNhc
MapQuest, a pioneer in the digital mapping category, continues to be one of the leading mapping brands online, reaching more than 42 million multi-platform users, according to comScore Media Metrix® Multi-Platform. Our mission is simple: to enable our users by allowing everyday explorers to find, learn about and locate their desired destinations. Our bold, human and responsive approach enables users to access features and tools that enhance their daily lives. MapQuest’s mobile solutions are compatible with a variety of mobile devices, including iPhone and Android devices. MapQuest, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of AOL Inc., is based in Denver, Colo. To access Mapquest, visit our website or engage with us on Facebook, Twitter @Mapquest or Instagram @Mapquest.