RECRUITERS Post your GeoJob Ad Today
Go Safe Map Available in All 50 States Starting April 10
Featured by Apple for the launch of iPhone 6, Go today unveiled its trademark Safe Map™ exclusively on Apple Watch and iOS. Go combines revolutionary new technologies from Apple Watch and a beautiful design to give iOS owners a never before seen map of the world around them.
The Go Safe Map is drawn from over 200 million walking, biking, and driving events over the past 45 years. Go has gathered information from federal, state, and local transportation and infrastructure organizations. And now for the first time, Apple Watch and iPhone owners can see and benefit from this information with a single tap.
Go provides three remarkable and unique capabilities:
- For Apple Watch owners focused on health & fitness, Go gives you a heads-up on accidents and the safest areas along your exercise route. As you’re walking, running, or cycling you’re notified while you’re on the move. Using Apple Watch’s Taptic Engine, you’ll feel a gentle tap to let you know when there is a new update ahead.
- For families, parents can now get notifications if an accident is near their home, work, or child’s school. Any family member can save locations they choose. And then as an event occurs, they are instantly notified and with one tap can see the exact location and quickly iMessage or call their loved ones.
- As the perfect companion to iPhone, every Watch owner can also now explore the map and see any location in the United States through a view of safety.
“We’re excited to introduce the Go Safe Map with the launch of Apple Watch,” said Kevin Pomplun, cofounder and CEO of Go. “Utilizing the unique capabilities of Apple Watch, the Safe Map shows you the safest places to walk, bike, or drive. Now for the first time ever, iPhone and Apple Watch owners, can see a view of the world through safety.”
Go invented an all-new way to see and navigate by combining three core capabilities:
- First, after you give Go permission, it uses iPhone’s accelerometer, Wi-Fi, and GPS to determine if you are walking, running, or cycling.
- Second, Go uses its patent-pending Safe Index™ to determine the safest areas based on your activity. For example, if you are jogging, Go will look for the safest areas to be based on the Safe Index for joggers. Each Apple Watch owner is given a uniquely personal view based on how fast they are moving, their location, and even subtle indicators like time of day or weather.
- Third, Go notifies you of important updates around your saved locations like home, work, or school. At incredible scale, Go processes over 200 million historical events from the past 45 years to provide updates on the places you care about most. In addition, it also gathers current accident activity to let you know what is happening at any moment. The result is an experience that’s only possible through the combination of Go technology, Apple Watch and iPhone.
Go is an ideal fit for people who exercise with the Apple Watch Sport collection. For power walkers, joggers, and cyclists, Go will notify you as you’re getting closer to a current accident or a spot with a lot of recent accidents. Go does the hard work of figuring out if an area is safe based on your activity while letting you focus on your health & fitness.
“I cycle 15 miles every morning through the hills and I want to know which curves and parts of our ride are the safest. Now with Go, I can get that information on my iPhone before I head out. And even during my ride on my Apple Watch,” said Kyle Buza, a cyclist in San Francisco, California.
Watch and iPhone owners are discovering new uses for Go every day. For example, parents are starting to use Go to plan how their kids walk home from school or visit friends in the neighborhood.
“My kids walk home from school and I’ve always been curious about how safe their route is. With Go, this is the first time that we’ve had access to helpful safety information for our family,” said Sheryl Haller, a mom of two in Cupertino, California.
Since the launch of iPhone 6, Go has been featured by Apple, given 5 stars by customers, and become a partner to the largest insurers. Today Go begins a new chapter, with the launch of its trademark Safe Map™. iPhone owners and Apple Watch owners can get Go immediately for free starting today.
To get Go from the App Store, please visit https://appsto.re/i6B538D.
Go makes it easy to be a little safer and save money. With the Go Safe Map, people are able to see a view of safety never before available. In addition to keeping drivers safe by showing where accidents are, Go also helps drivers see the insurers who will take the best care of them if they are ever in an accident. Founded in 2014, Go is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, and currently available in all 50 US states. For more information, visit http://www.meetgo.me/.