Des Plaines, IL (March 9, 2021) URISA and the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) are pleased to announce the featured speakers for the 2021 GIS/Valuation Technologies Conference (formerly known as GIS/CAMA). For 24 years, this conference has been the favorite annual event for Assessors and GIS professionals who apply technology to make property assessment and tax administration more accurate and efficient.
Featured keynote speakers include:
- Andy Krause, Manager of Applied Science at Zillow, who will share ideas about “Machine Learning and Spatial Thinking: Getting More from Valuation Models”.
- Eliza Pollack and Andrew Buss from the City of Philadelphia Office of Innovation and Technology, who will discuss “Start with an Idea: Finding New Ways to do Old Things”.
- We will close the conference with John Wilson, King County, WA Assessor, and Michael Fouassier, Director of Property Operations at the NYC Department of Finance. They will discuss how their jurisdictions have adjusted during this very disruptive year.
Optional pre- and post-conference workshops will provide deep-dives into a number of important topics:
- Uncovering Patterns and Modeling Relationships in Valuation Data Using Business Intelligence Tools & GIS
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Assessment
- Using GIS to Achieve Racial Equity and Social Justice
- Leading from the Middle
- Benefits of ArcGIS Pro and the Parcel Fabric
- Mass Appraisal Valuation Modeling in R or SPSS (multi-day course)
The program includes educational sessions in four program tracks: GIS Technologies; Leadership Development & Policy; Modeling & Valuation; and a Partner Track where our generous sponsors will discuss their solutions. A sampling of the sessions on the program includes:
- Design and Use of Interactive Geospatial Dashboards
- Advances in Machine Learning and its Prospect for Property Assessments
- Understanding Your Vital Role in the NSDI
- Identifying Residential Vacation Rentals Using 3D GIS Crowd Sourcing
- How to Communicate Technology and NOT Be a Geek
- Measuring Flood Stigma: The Case of Harris County and Hurricane Harvey
- Advanced Reappraisal Tools from Data Collection to QC- The Guernsey County Way!
- Desktop Review Following a Disaster
- Shadow Detection and Correction Using 3D GIS and Image Processing
- Communicating with Maps
With work, school, and family commitments, participants may not be able to attend every session as it occurs ‘live’. That is not a problem as after the conference and for several months thereafter, registered attendees can view the recordings whenever it is convenient.
The conference will present an abundance of educational sessions, panel discussions, and opportunities to connect with partners and fellow attendees virtually. Take some time to review the program and make plans to join us virtually for the 24th annual GIS/Valuation Technologies Conference later this month!
Start here for registration and program details: https://www.urisa.org/valtech