Scrum is an agile framework for software development adopted by many organizations in order to handle their projects better. Scrum undertakes several concepts, techniques, and methodologies that help in the easy handling of a project and increasing profit.
The overall development of a person is targeted by Scrum, and thereby the same of the organization is achieved. A Scrum Master is the one at the leading and managing position for a Scrum responsible for handling a project. Such an individual is a servant leader and should be certified with any of the suitable certification pertaining to Scrum Master Posts. Such certifications include A – CSM, CSM, PSM I, PSM II, etc.
Being a Scrum Master comes loaded with expectations, roles, and responsibilities. A Scrum Master is expected to meet the expectations of the client as well as her or his immediate higher authority (s). He or she should fulfill his duty as an employee and be ideal for his teammates, and also as a team lead/project head, thereby facilitating better team coordination and output. The Scrum Master is responsible for the actions of the Scrum team and presides over the meeting held inside the team. In meetings that require several teams handling a single project to collaborate and discuss, the Scrum Master is the one representing the team. Such are the few duties and responsibilities of a Scrum Master.
The simple steps to be an exceptional Scrum Master are mentioned below in detail:-
– The prime thing to do after aiming for something is to prepare to achieve it. The preparation to become a Scrum Master should include complete knowledge about Scrum and its applicability. The several training courses available online as well as offline can be made use of, or paperback/kindle books can be read too.
– The next is to get certified in the said field. The Scrum Master certifications are divided into 3 different categories such as the Scrum Master track that includes CSM certification, etc., the developer track, and the product owner track. Certificates clearly make the individual stand out from a lot while applying for jobs and thus increase the probability of getting the job as a Scrum Master.
– Training courses such as CSM training, PSM training provided by credible sources like the Scrum Alliances are the best ones to enroll with. The self-study must be sufficient so as to provide enough time for every concept and still have time left for revision.
– Preparation for any test is incomplete without mock tests. The books required for Scrum understanding, which are the most preferred, are being revised and edited to include questions from a wide range of concepts that can be solved at the convenience of the candidate. The books also provide sets from the previous examination to provide the aspirant with the proper outlook of the expected questions. Nevertheless, there are online sources for mock tests, too, which come with the added advantage of a time tracker. The mock tests online from most of the sources are timed and help the candidate brush up his or her skills of time management.
– The average passing marks of Scrum certifications range between 60% – 85%, whereas the minimum duration is 1 hour. The candidate is required to fill the answers to the truest of their knowledge and wait for the exam to complete. The results are usually shown a few minutes after the exam completion.
– Once done with the exam successfully, the certificate is generally sent to the candidate via email, and an additional notification about the email may be sent via SMS to the candidate.
– Updating the CV and applying for appropriate jobs in hiring organizations shall be the next step to becoming a Scrum Master.
– The certificates generally are valid up to 2 years from the date of achievement and need to be renewed. The renewal process depends on the organization governing the certification process.
Above are the few simple steps to follow to become a Scrum Master. Getting a Scrum Master certification is the best steps an aspirant can take to take his or her career to the zenith.