There has been an influx in the growth of online education. It is because of the perfect combination of using the internet, technology, and education. It has helped many students in gaining new skills. The year 2020 is the year that is affected by COVID-9, most of the sectors are affected, and one of them is the education industry.
Schools and universities are closed, and students have been forces to adapt to learning remotely and hence online learning. With multiple resources online, students can get assistance in regards to their assignments and homework. There has been an increase in their participation and on demand assistance. Studies had shown that, even before COVID-19, they predicted a growth that by 2025, the online education market would be around $350 million.
There have been multiple online learning platforms serving millions of people, such as Skillshare, Udacity, Lynda, Coursera, and Udemy. The platforms have diversified and specialized in different course work. Coursera is an academic platform, and it gives access to university courses while Skillshare offers creativity for animation, photography, and lifestyle courses. Universities are working to make the classes easily accessible online. Harvard University and Stanford University allows for different categories such as engineering, computer science, art, personal development, business, and mathematics.
With a massive demand for online studies, there has been a rapid growth in the education industry with numerous platforms. The biggest challenge is for students to know the emerging trends to compete with the global market. The world is moving so fast, hence the need to adapt quickly to new and innovative skills. The online providers have massive user data on their platform; they use machine-learning algorithms for people to understand the patterns. It is possible to personalize the content and provide more details to help the student.
The feedback given helps in providing online students with a learning curve. It is an excellent approach for shy students who cannot participate during face-to-face sessions. The biggest advantage of e-learning is time; students have the opportunity to plan their schedules hence convenient. It is an excellent innovation for business entrepreneurs, and they have the chance to increase their knowledge base and know about all the latest developments. The cost incurred in online learning is relatively small; they are affordable compared to the traditional methods. There is no need to budget for commuting costs and course materials such as textbooks and study manuals.
A mobile device is another platform people can benefit from online education. Being physically present in a classroom is no longer a prerequisite or a learning option. The rise in technology and the internet has helped many people, and hence the accessibility to quality education. The revolution of online education widely felt; you only need to have access to a computer and the internet.
This approach and innovative idea have turned out to be useful and valid to millions of students across the globe. Online studies are a great choice for students and adults, and helps in sharpening skills, mastering a complicated subject, and learning a new skill.
Find some of the reasons why online education has become essential in 2020:
- Flexibility: Online education brings about the idea of flexibility, tutors and students can have their learning schedules. There is the ability to add another program that fits the plan for everyone. Online educational platforms have a chance to strike a balance between studies and work. Online tutors have the advantage of time management, hence a tremendous work-study balance. When there is a shared agenda between the teacher and student, it brings about new and better responsibilities.
- Wide Program Selection: With the use of the internet, there is the assurance of multiple skills and subjects to learn. Various higher education schools and universities are offering online program versions for different disciplines. Some of the disciplines include quantum physics and music, and every student will have a chance to have something to study. There is a wide range of education programs, and students can quickly get their official documents such as certificates, diplomas, and degrees. It is possible to acquire that without going to university.
- Accessibility: E-learning offers the convenience to information and the ability to learn and teach from any part of the world. You will not need to commute or have to follow a rigid study or work schedule. It is a great factor since it helps in saving time and money. Where there is an internet connection, it is possible to have a virtual classroom.
- Customized Learning Experience: Online education offers students with individual requirements and considers the ability level. Online classes are smaller than the typical traditional classroom, and students have the chance to interact with their tutors and get useful feedback. Many people have access to different materials, such as photos, eBooks, and videos. Discussions and forums help with improving lessons. With accessibility to such information, it is possible to use it anywhere in the world for a better, dynamic, and personalized education.
- Cost-effective: You have the various payment methods hence a better approach to budget management. There is a chance to have scholarships and discounts, and the money saved can help with other expenses. Online education can accommodate all types of students. The Digital revolution has helped with how classes are accessed, discussed, shared, and consumed. Offices workers and stay-at-home moms have the chance to take up online courses, and they can even work in the evening of at night.
- Quality and Updated Content: E-learning offers the opportunity to engage with modern learners and hence the chance to access online content anytime. There is the chance of getting lessons delivered fast in comparison to the traditional learning approach.
Online education has reduced the learning time to about 50%, and individuals can define their speed of learning without depending on others. It is possible to select the relevant and specific course instead of focusing on all areas. There are multiple benefits of online education, and you can access unique situations and still meet your goals and needs. It is a convenient approach and option for a virtual assistant for all people across the globe.