AppDynamics Winter ’16 Release Delivers Significantly Enhanced Database Monitoring Capabilities Including Deep MongoDB Support and Improved End-To-End, Application-To-Database Visibility
- New MongoDB support brings unparalleled visibility into performance of leading NoSQL database, offering full deep-dive monitoring, analysis, and query drilldown
- Contextual correlation between business transactions and database performance accelerates issue identification and MTTR for Java/Oracle stacks
- Database monitoring metrics now available in custom dashboards
- Fully automated configuration of database monitoring
- Tighter end-to-end integration, improved usability with new filters and performance optimizations
- Massive scalability accommodates largest enterprise deployments
AppDynamics AppSphere™ 2015 — AppDynamics, a leading application intelligence company, today announced major enhancements to its database monitoring capabilities as part of its new Winter ’16 Release. The release introduces improved correlation between business transactions, application code, and database queries to more quickly identify database-related performance issues, facilitating rapid issue identification and resolution. The release also includes robust support for MongoDB databases, and offers rich dashboarding of database performance metrics, integrated into the AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform dashboard. The Database Monitoring solution scales to handle the largest enterprise deployments.
“AppDynamics is an ideal fit for monitoring and managing MongoDB databases and the applications they support”
With a standalone database agent and dedicated user interface for database monitoring, AppDynamics extends the application performance management picture with deep visibility into the health, behavior, and root-cause analysis of problems that afflict modern enterprise database servers. AppDynamics’ Unified Monitoring with enhanced Database Monitoring gives enterprises a comprehensive, end-to-end view of end-user experience and business transactions fully integrated from applications, databases, and supporting services, all in a single pane of glass.
“AppDynamics is an ideal fit for monitoring and managing MongoDB databases and the applications they support,” said Dev Ittycheria, MongoDB CEO. “Like MongoDB, AppDynamics is committed to delivering the scale, performance, and flexibility today’s complex applications require. Together, we’re able to address the database and performance needs of businesses committed to digital transformation, no matter how complex or massive in scale their operations and application deployments are.”
New Database Monitoring capabilities of the Winter ’16 Release include:
- New deep-dive MongoDB monitoring with full live status reporting, object browser, and query drilldown and analysis.
- Advanced business transaction correlation via snapshots: From a single unified interface, users can locate application problems and deep-dive into the database backend to investigate the cause of potential latency and slowdowns, and their negative impact on application performance.
- AppDynamics custom dashboards can now include any metrics made available by the Database Monitoring collectors.
- New REST API for automated configuration of AppDynamics Database Monitoring.
- New search filters and performance optimizations improve usability while supporting thousands of collectors.
- Automatic detection and mapping of all supported internal databases.
“Many application performance issues can be traced back to database issues,” said Jyoti Bansal, founder and chairman of AppDynamics. “AppDynamics Database Monitoring extends business transaction visibility to the database infrastructure, providing a clear view of how database performance impacts application performance and customer experience. Our deep support for MongoDB demonstrates our commitment to treat databases as first-class infrastructure, and providing a unified end-to-end approach to application monitoring.”
Tweet this: #AppDynamics Winter ’16 Release upgrades Database Monitoring, adds full MongoDB support.
For regular news and information about AppDynamics and the APM market, like and follow the company on:
A free trial of AppDynamics is available at www.appdynamics.com/freetrial.
AppDynamics is an application intelligence company that provides enterprises with the next generation of APM software to monitor, manage, analyze, and optimize customer experiences and the most complex software environments behind them. Built for the needs of today’s software-defined businesses, our Application Intelligence Platform delivers a real-time, end-to-end view of application performance to help companies more effectively compete and win in their markets, realize higher customer satisfaction, increase revenue, and lower costs. Many of the world’s largest and most iconic brands choose AppDynamics to accelerate their digital transformation and improve their customer experiences, including Citrix, Concur, DIRECTV, eHarmony, Kraft, MTV Networks, NASDAQ, Nike, Pearson, Progressive Insurance, and Sephora. For more information visit appdynamics.com.