The USGIF Emerging Technologies Subcommittee invites you to submit an abstract for the Emerging Technologies Subcommittee Lightning Talks to be presented during GEOINT Foreword, the science & technology forum scheduled for Monday, June 22, as preface to the GEOINT 2015 Symposium, June 22-25, in Washington, D.C.
The deadline to submit an abstract for consideration is Friday, May 1.
Geospatial S&T capabilities are evolving at a remarkably fast pace, and these emerging technology presentations will share information about contemporary innovations as well as visions for future ideas about how our community applies GEOINT.
Suggested areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
• Location-based analytics
• Crowd-sourced information
• Wearable technologies
• Enabling faster delivery of GEOINT
• Advanced visualization
• Mobile solutions in a disconnected environment
The Emerging Technologies Subcommittee Review Panel will select approximately eight abstracts for presentation.
What are Lightning Talks?
Lightning Talk presentation proposals are open to any USGIF Member as an opportunity to collaborate and educate colleagues on technical topics relevant to the GEOINT 2015 Symposium’s theme: Opening the Aperture; Charting New Paths. Lightning Talks are limited to five minutes each and will be presented from 6:15 to 7:30 p.m. June 22 as a capstone to the GEOINT Foreword event. Lightning Talks must focus on advancing the GEOINT tradecraft for scientists, analysts, and other professionals. Marketing pitches will be ignored by the proposal review process, but selected individuals and their organizations will be credited for their contributions and recognized for innovative efforts during the sessions.
• Presentation opportunities are available to USGIF Members only
• Abstracts are limited to one page and must include sufficient technical content for fair and proper consideration by the ETS Review Panel
• Each abstract must include the following at the top of the page:
• Title of proposed Lightning Talk
• Presenter name and title
• Presenter organization
• Presenter phone number and email address
• Abstracts can be submitted as either Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF documents
• Abstract submissions must be received for review no later than Friday, May 1 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
• Lightning Talks are limited to a maximum of 15 slides set to advance automatically at 20-second intervals for a total time of five minutes
• Submissions should be emailed to ETS (email@example.com) with the subject line: “(Your name)—Emerging Technologies Lightning Talks Submission”.
• Presentation proposals must be submitted in English
• Questions should be sent to the Emerging Technologies Subcommittee at firstname.lastname@example.org